Super Contributor

Re: We have talked ""tea"" recently! Now let's talk TEAPOTS!

On 1/16/2015 NickNack said:
On 1/16/2015 Madisson said:
On 1/15/2015 NickNack said:

I have a cast iron teapot, a Yixing individual teapot shaped like a mouse, and a little green teapot with a metal top and infuser. I also have a Perfectea maker from Teavana. All of these have infusers for my loose leaf tea. I have a ceramic teapot by Chantal with an infuser, too. I have an old brown betty teapot that was my grandmother's. This is all I can think of, but I do use them all. I love good black tea.

That really sounds interesting. Can you post a picture of it? I've never seen a cast iron teapot. I have a cast iron tea kettle that was my great grandfathers. I absolutely love it. It is so extremely heavy though, I can't imagine actually having to use it. I use it as a decorative piece.

I have quite a collection of teapots. I use teabags rather than loose tea. Many of my teapots are Pfaltzgraff. I have several Tea Rose pattern teapots, a Naturewood one, a Belleek Shamrock teapot, and several others. I've had several dinnerware sets of Pfaltzgraff over the years, and I pass them on to my daughters when I decide to change my pattern. I don't give them the teapots though as they are part of my collection. My daughters just microwave their tea in a mug anyway.

I've never posted a picture or link before, but I'll try. If I don't do it right, go to Teavana's website, then Products, then Teapots, then Cast Iron. I do love it. You boil the water in something else and then steep the tea in the teapot.

http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/teapots-teapot-sets/cast-iron-teapots/p/cherry-blossoms-cast-iro...

Thanks, NickNack...very cute little tea kettle shaped teapots!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Frequent Contributor

Belleek Neptune Teapot

I'm not much of a tea drinker. When I do indulge, I use this parian china teapot from Belleek in the Neptune pattern. Love it! I also have the matching teacups, serving tray, creamer, and sugar in the same pattern. Bought them years ago from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

tigress: Thanks, that helps - to think they are now being loved and enjoyed by someone new who will probably use them more I would. That is a good way to look at it.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Valued Contributor

irish Rosebud that is one of the most beautiful teapots ever.

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2015 JustJules said:
On 1/16/2015 colliegirls said:

Courtly Check Enamel Tea Kettle - 3 QuartI wanted this MacKenzie Childs teapot for ages!! I bought it and loved it until the connectors started to rust as I used it. No reason for that to happen at this price. Now I just look at it and use a less expensive tea kettle for boiling water!

I have also wanted that tea kettle for quite some time but haven't treated myself. It's unfortunate to hear that it is more fashionable than functional, at that price the quality should be better. Guess I'll stick with my boring stainless tea kettle for now.

The MC stuff is very expensive and not well made.

Back in the day, the products were made on the farm near Auburn NY by a bunch of people who were paid very little - it was almost like a cult!

I bought two enamelware mugs from them. The metal handles conduct heat, making them USELESS for sipping tea.

Pretty items, but useless!

Emma Bridgewater items are well made and fun!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, morning glory! I think so, too. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 adelle38 said:
On 1/16/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Does anyone use a tea cozy? They're cute.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5278219/il_570xN.329705389.jpg

I have several shapes and sizes. I've never knitted one, though.

This style keeps the handle cool

But this style keeps the tea warmer

I had this set for many years and it worked the best until I broke the pot

Baker, Hart & Stuart Teapot with Copper Cozy

Adelle! The last photo of your teapots. The white one with the copper top. Where did you get that? I have it from my MIL. She had it at her house since I can remember, then I inherited it. Always wondered how old it is.

The thing I don't like about this pot is the heat escapes to the bottom. LOL! You would think the copper cover would keep tea hot. What happens with me is the bottom gets unbelievably hot, and escapes fast that way.