Valued Contributor

Re: We have talked ""tea"" recently! Now let's talk TEAPOTS!

On 1/16/2015 Madisson said:
On 1/15/2015 NickNack said:

I have a cast iron teapot, a Yixing individual teapot shaped like a mouse, and a little green teapot with a metal top and infuser. I also have a Perfectea maker from Teavana. All of these have infusers for my loose leaf tea. I have a ceramic teapot by Chantal with an infuser, too. I have an old brown betty teapot that was my grandmother's. This is all I can think of, but I do use them all. I love good black tea.

That really sounds interesting. Can you post a picture of it? I've never seen a cast iron teapot. I have a cast iron tea kettle that was my great grandfathers. I absolutely love it. It is so extremely heavy though, I can't imagine actually having to use it. I use it as a decorative piece.

I have quite a collection of teapots. I use teabags rather than loose tea. Many of my teapots are Pfaltzgraff. I have several Tea Rose pattern teapots, a Naturewood one, a Belleek Shamrock teapot, and several others. I've had several dinnerware sets of Pfaltzgraff over the years, and I pass them on to my daughters when I decide to change my pattern. I don't give them the teapots though as they are part of my collection. My daughters just microwave their tea in a mug anyway.

What a fun thread!

**In reviews from the below link, many wrote that you are NOT to use the cast iron tea pot to boil water - only to steep the tea...interesting!

I found cast iron teapots here (I just HAD to look...ha!). After seeing them, I believe my grandmother had one long ago!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cast+iron+teapot&rh=i...

Valued Contributor

I have a Bodum double-wall tea press I use at home. At work I have a kettle for boiling water for tea. My next purchase will be a tea cozy for home, but I have to find just the right design.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

Have any of you tried one of these? I guess it was chosen as one of Oprah's Favorites in 2011 by Dr Oz....

http://www.amazon.com/Tea-Forte-KATI-Brewing-System/dp/B008DVSATQ/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_z

I pasted the pic here, but it was about 3 foot long!! lol

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Madisson said:
On 1/15/2015 NickNack said:

I have a cast iron teapot, a Yixing individual teapot shaped like a mouse, and a little green teapot with a metal top and infuser. I also have a Perfectea maker from Teavana. All of these have infusers for my loose leaf tea. I have a ceramic teapot by Chantal with an infuser, too. I have an old brown betty teapot that was my grandmother's. This is all I can think of, but I do use them all. I love good black tea.

That really sounds interesting. Can you post a picture of it? I've never seen a cast iron teapot. I have a cast iron tea kettle that was my great grandfathers. I absolutely love it. It is so extremely heavy though, I can't imagine actually having to use it. I use it as a decorative piece.

I have quite a collection of teapots. I use teabags rather than loose tea. Many of my teapots are Pfaltzgraff. I have several Tea Rose pattern teapots, a Naturewood one, a Belleek Shamrock teapot, and several others. I've had several dinnerware sets of Pfaltzgraff over the years, and I pass them on to my daughters when I decide to change my pattern. I don't give them the teapots though as they are part of my collection. My daughters just microwave their tea in a mug anyway.

I've never posted a picture or link before, but I'll try. If I don't do it right, go to Teavana's website, then Products, then Teapots, then Cast Iron. I do love it. You boil the water in something else and then steep the tea in the teapot.

http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/teapots-teapot-sets/cast-iron-teapots/p/cherry-blossoms-cast-iro...

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

No one uses that little round teapot that the Q used to sell??? It held maybe 4 cups.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/16/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Does anyone use a tea cozy? They're cute.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5278219/il_570xN.329705389.jpg

I have several shapes and sizes. I've never knitted one, though.

This style keeps the handle cool

But this style keeps the tea warmer

I had this set for many years and it worked the best until I broke the pot

Baker, Hart & Stuart Teapot with Copper Cozy

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Contributor

DH and I drink tea every morning. We have the Breville tea kettle, K125537, purchased from the Q...love it! We actually purchase tea bags from Amazon. We do not have the room to house another thing. Besides, my DH and I drink different kinds of teas. He enjoys oolong, and Irish Breakfast (black) teas. I enjoy different green teas, different black teas, herbals. We fill our bags up with our tea, fold and close with a skewer. We also have large thermos' purchased from Amazon also!

Honored Contributor

I have an electric kettle from QVC--the Cuisinart one--and it makes different temperature water and I LOVE it!

I'm in love with that copper covered pot to pictured earlier. WOW is that pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

Courtly Check Enamel Tea Kettle - 3 QuartI wanted this MacKenzie Childs teapot for ages!! I bought it and loved it until the connectors started to rust as I used it. No reason for that to happen at this price. Now I just look at it and use a less expensive tea kettle for boiling water!

Respected Contributor

I don't have many teapots, but I love them, especially the floral chintz ones. Most years, I get the teapot calendar. It features a different tea set each month with information about it and historical information about teapots and tea.