Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE?

@Toots711 wrote:

Aged extra sharp cheese from Dakin Farm in VT

Burrata cheese

Kerrygold Dubliner cheese

@Toots711 I've never heard of these! I'd love to try them!

Esteemed Contributor

Never met a cheese I didn't like. Swiss is my least favorite but I wouldn't turn it down.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I usually go to the store every other week and today was my grocery store day.  Because of this thread I was reminded of how long it's been since I've had a turkey and provolone sandwich (of course, on whole grain Daves Killer Bread w/seeds), so I got the turkey & provolone and can't wait for lunch!  Smiley Happy

I remember gruyere being mentioned here.   It always sounded like something I would like (well, it's CHEESE!) Smiley Very Happy but I never seem to find it at the grocery store.  I shop at a west coast chain called Raley's, where I would think they would have it, but I've yet to find it and really do want to try it.

Many, many years ago a guy I was seeing introduced me to asiago and I've never looked back. 

Happy Day, cheeselovers!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I never met a cheese I didn't love. I have cholesterol so my doctor told me not to eat cheese - but if I did, not to buy the yellow cheese or the processed cheese. 

Respected Contributor

@Toots711  funny you should mention Dakin Farm.  As a kid we'd go up to VT to visit family in the summer time and Every day was started with buttered english muffins topped with thin slices of their sharp cheddar cheese.  Yummy!   English Mufins with Maple butter is Heaven in small doses.

Trusted Contributor

Tillamook extra sharp cheddar. 

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Tillamook extra sharp cheddar. 

This is the same brand extra sharp cheddar that I always have on hand.  Tillamook is a great brand.  I also use their monterey jack and I keep a package of shredded Tillamook mozzarella on hand.

Honored Contributor

Havarti is my favorite, I am fortunate to live near an excellent little cheese factory in dairyland.