Occasional Contributor

Why is QVC always pushing Vitamix? How many people can afford $400 for a blender or even want to. It dominates the day when they are on. Change the channel time for me.

Trusted Contributor

Obviously enough people purchase them to justify QVC's continued promotion. Despite the half dozen or so complaints that appear on these boards whenever the Vitamix is a TSV or a featured item, tens of thousands of people buy these $400 blenders. QVC would be foolish not to continue heavily promoting them.

Remember: QVC is in business to make money -- not alleviate our boredom.

Valued Contributor
On 1/3/2015 Sybil said:

Why is QVC always pushing Vitamix? How many people can afford $400 for a blender or even want to. It dominates the day when they are on. Change the channel time for me.

You say it dominates the day when they are on. Any product that is the TSV dominates the day they are on. That is a given.

Esteemed Contributor

Something for everybody. I bought mine at Costco. Love it. Worth every penny. It is a superior product that actually saves me money over time. And their customer service is second to none.

Trusted Contributor

There must be a large profit margin for the Q on them.

Super Contributor

Vitamix pays QVC to push their products. It's that simple.

What bothers me more is when I'm looking through my channel guide, and I see a show called "QVC kitchen" and when I turn it on it's nothing but an hour of Vitamix.

Super Contributor

I love my Vitamix. Best purchase I ever made!

Respected Contributor
There are few times that the Vitamix is cheaper on the Q- and it's a fantastic piece of equipment. I love it because of the ability to make all kinds of flours-fresh. There is nothing worse than nasty rancid whole wheat flour. It is incredible how delicious whole wheat flour is when it's fresh.....and then there are soups, sauces, butters.....the list goes on. I don't think it replaces all appliances such as a food processor, but it's pretty handy and I feel it's an investment piece. Expensive? Yes- but it's also life enhancing and it's far from being "disposable". If it bothers you, don't watch.... Poodlepet2
Regular Contributor

Vitamix has a great reputation along with a 25 year warranty and it is a US made and serviced product. That being said I have looked and looked for decades but could never buy because of the price. When it is on as the TSV they typically give it an hour at a time...like an infomercial. The split payments and the presentation make it easy for people to decide to buy when they would not otherwise.

but I agree that when you are not interested it is boring and definitely a channel changer. But most TSV are NOT given whole hour times slots. Many TSV are only on for 10-15min slots a few times a day....very different. But it must make sense to QVC financially. Obviously the only people that are likely to continue watching these shows are those interested but the goal here is sales not ratings!

Regular Contributor

Interesting that David Wolfe is on HSN with the Nutribullet today as well. They have this newer Rx machine that is to compete more directly with Vitamix at half the price. But really it is not comparable at all. They make it sound good but in reality it does not work well, it is not well built, the warranty is poor and it does not do much that the Vitamix can do. I have a Nutribullet that was under $100, but it is not worth investing $200 in a machine that will not hold up. At this point the Vitamix is a much better investment. There are some interesting comparison videos on You Tube that make it so clear the huge short comings of the Rx.