Contributor

Just saw on my local news that the company filed for bankruptcy.

Respected Contributor

Was just talking to a Napa friend about this yesterday, what a mess. I spend $100K+ a year on wine - gifts for our customers not for us! I stick with Silver Oak, every one appreciates them.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

Think it will also have a bad effect on the smaller growers who depended on then for buying their crops.  There goes some of their income.  

Respected Contributor

This is sad to hear. It's going to have so much negative trickle down effect for the industry. Plus, so many (some long term) employees will be looking for work, as we come closer to the holiday season.

Have to wonder what went wrong. It seems there were issues already, but they cite the pandemic as the final blow they couldn't recover from. Who knows.  

Respected Contributor

I wonder if my QVC advance order will still go through...DH loves that advent calendar box.

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I wonder if my QVC advance order will still go through...DH loves that advent calendar box.

@FancyPhillyshopper 

I've had some of their auto delivery wine groupings and one ordered about a year ago had issues with sending a couple auto delivery orders.

Will be interesting to see what happens!

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper Me wondering too - Ordered 2 more yesterday .....nieces loved last year's gift.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up @linden   I guess that puts my auto-delivery, and an advanced order both in question.

I thought it interesting that QVC has been promoting a different wine company, Vino Voyage, in their Gourmet Holiday shows recently.