Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Does this man ever work ? He seems to be on vacation almost every month. I don't recall Bob Bowesox missing this many episodes.  Really wish they would go back to using Bob in the kitchen. 

I am so confused!  Are you complaining because he is NOT on or are you complaining that he is on at all?  Make up yer mind LOL!!  Do you want him on and not on vacation or do you want Bob instead?

Honored Contributor

Re: Venable off again ?

[ Edited ]

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/Did-they-move-David-s-show/td-p/4318681

she's already commented on his vacations. I knew he was due back the 7th

so did she

Trusted Contributor

I agree, Jill is doing an excellent job subbing for David. She also seems to be having a good time hosting tonight, it's been pleasant to have on tonight.👍🏼

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

Good lord, he was on 6 hours straight right before Christmas.  I hope his mom is doing better.

Honored Contributor

Same old stuff from Reever!! Never a nice thing to say! At least she's consistent...and a joke!

Trusted Contributor

I like David. Sure, he’s not a trained chef....but I’m sure the majority of us that watch his shows aren’t trained chefs either. He has fun, doesn’t take himself too seriously....is kind to the callers, welcoming to the vendors...and loves his mom very much.....yep, he’s a star in my book.😊

Respected Contributor

Agree .. he's a star in my book too ....

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes I agree with you 1,000% !!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Not a fan of David and his faces and his dances. I preferred a more professional trained chef such as Bob. I realize he is no longer employed and from what I understand he is doing quite well in Key West doing theatre but they need to use someone who can actually cook in the kitchen. All David seems to do is reheat things like potstickers. Why don't they use Mary Beth who obviously has cooked all her life for her family ? The attention to detail in Davids presentations sticks out like a sore thumb. 

@Reever - I have to disagree with you. I never get to watch David's shows, but I wish I could. I made his Biscuit, Sausage, and Egg Strata for Christmas brunch and everyone loved it. I've made quite a few of his recipes - I think he's a great cook! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Does this man ever work ? He seems to be on vacation almost every month. I don't recall Bob Bowesox missing this many episodes.  Really wish they would go back to using Bob in the kitchen. 

Seriously?  He works a lot!  And he's been there a long time, so he's entitled to a decent amount of vacation time.  He absolutely is not on vacation almost every month.  That's ridiculous.  He does a great job for QVC, and brings in a ton of money for them. 

Sure, not everyone likes him, but QVC has a variety of hosts, all with different personalities, for a reason.  They don't expect every viewer to like every host, and you're certainly entitled to dislike him.  But why would you begrudge a long-time employee his vacation time?  It's not as though he's doing anything wrong or getting away with something. 

Considering how you feel about him, I would think you'd be happy that he takes vacation time!