Trusted Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's peach champagne

No apologies needed,happygal! I'm always interested in what other TJ's goodies I may have missed. I'm going out to find the almond champagne....
Trusted Contributor

I got a bottle each of the peach and almond. A TJ employee whose suggestions I trust recommended the almond. I'll try one tonight. Peach is $4.99 & almond $5.99.
Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 happygal said:
On 12/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 12/26/2014 happygal said:

Love Trader Joes and shop there a couple times a week. However, there are items there which I feel are really not good. Would love to try the champagne though! I did get some gingerbread cookies with frosting on top (made in Germany) which I gave to the neighbors. I'll have to give them something else to make up for it because they were just awful. (Had a box for my family too; no one liked them and we tossed them out.) No taste, dry, frosting didn't help them a bit.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good cookie from TJ's?

The almond biscotti are fantastic - the kind dipped in chocolate. And the maple leaf cookies are good too.

I tried a pear, fig, walnut tart from the bakery department - it was truly AWFUL! Good thing I had back up desserts!

Thanks, terrier. I'll check out the maple leaf cookies. The biscotti might be too hard for the neighbors as they are seniors.

While I'm complaining, I'll add that TJ's has the worst peanut butter. It has twice the sodium of Laura Scudders and has a bad taste too. Sorry to hijack the thread, 2zbeach.

Happygal - instead of complaining, return what you don't like. No receipt needed. They will even take back an empty container. Problem solved
Honored Contributor

We have no Trader Joe's here ... boo hoo. This does remind me that I CRAVE CRAVE Ikea's Lingonberry non-alcoholic champagne or bubbly whatever. It is SO GOOD. They may have sold out already since the place where Lingonberries are grown (Sweden?) has a different season...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I wonder if they ship. Smiley Happy I really want to try this but it's not likely that I can make it out to Trader Joe's.

Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Lynneuk said: Here in NY they don't allow wine or liquor in grocery stores, so annoying. So we can't get the wine from Trader Joes. I have learned that you must buy the seasonal items at TJs when you see them, they go really fast.

Nope no two buck chuck either lol

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I love Trader Joe's when I am able to get to one. There are only 3 stores near by and all are well over 30 miles away. They just came to our area within the last 10 years or so and most of their stores are located in the affluent areas.

Super Contributor

Love Trader Joes and shop there a couple times a week. However, there are items there which I feel are really not good. Would love to try the champagne though! I did get some gingerbread cookies with frosting on top (made in Germany) which I gave to the neighbors. I'll have to give them something else to make up for it because they were just awful. (Had a box for my family too; no one liked them and we tossed them out.) No taste, dry, frosting didn't help them a bit.

The almond biscotti are fantastic - the kind dipped in chocolate. And the maple leaf cookies are good too.

I tried a pear, fig, walnut tart from the bakery department - it was truly AWFUL! Good thing I had back up desserts!

We really liked the pear, fig and walnut tart!

DH didn't like the kringle, but then he's no fan of almond paste.

I have the croissant ring in my freezer, waiting for New Year.

Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 scatcat said:
On 12/27/2014 happygal said:

Thanks, terrier. I'll check out the maple leaf cookies. The biscotti might be too hard for the neighbors as they are seniors.

While I'm complaining, I'll add that TJ's has the worst peanut butter. It has twice the sodium of Laura Scudders and has a bad taste too. Sorry to hijack the thread, 2zbeach.

Happygal - instead of complaining, return what you don't like. No receipt needed. They will even take back an empty container. Problem solved

I do take things back--including a salad with a beetle in it and their boxed gravy which wasn't good. There is no problem about returning.

Most everything there I do like, though. They have a wonderful selection of imported cheeses (the Stilton with fruit is very tasty), good prices on eggs and bread, frozen vegetables, the small quiches. I really like most of what they offer, including friendly and fast checkout. As for the champagne, can't do that: I'd probably just sit and glug the whole bottle.

Honored Contributor

If you cannot find TJ's peach champagne, try Barefoot Moscato Spumante or Barefoot Peach Fusion. Both are very good. (as is everything we've tried from this brand)