Super Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's peach champagne

On 12/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 12/26/2014 happygal said:

Love Trader Joes and shop there a couple times a week. However, there are items there which I feel are really not good. Would love to try the champagne though! I did get some gingerbread cookies with frosting on top (made in Germany) which I gave to the neighbors. I'll have to give them something else to make up for it because they were just awful. (Had a box for my family too; no one liked them and we tossed them out.) No taste, dry, frosting didn't help them a bit.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good cookie from TJ's?

The almond biscotti are fantastic - the kind dipped in chocolate. And the maple leaf cookies are good too.

I tried a pear, fig, walnut tart from the bakery department - it was truly AWFUL! Good thing I had back up desserts!

We really liked the pear, fig and walnut tart!

DH didn't like the kringle, but then he's no fan of almond paste.

I have the croissant ring in my freezer, waiting for New Year.

Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 scatcat said:
On 12/27/2014 happygal said:
On 12/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 12/26/2014 happygal said:

Love Trader Joes and shop there a couple times a week. However, there are items there which I feel are really not good. Would love to try the champagne though! I did get some gingerbread cookies with frosting on top (made in Germany) which I gave to the neighbors. I'll have to give them something else to make up for it because they were just awful. (Had a box for my family too; no one liked them and we tossed them out.) No taste, dry, frosting didn't help them a bit.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good cookie from TJ's?

The almond biscotti are fantastic - the kind dipped in chocolate. And the maple leaf cookies are good too.

I tried a pear, fig, walnut tart from the bakery department - it was truly AWFUL! Good thing I had back up desserts!

Thanks, terrier. I'll check out the maple leaf cookies. The biscotti might be too hard for the neighbors as they are seniors.

While I'm complaining, I'll add that TJ's has the worst peanut butter. It has twice the sodium of Laura Scudders and has a bad taste too. Sorry to hijack the thread, 2zbeach.

Happygal - instead of complaining, return what you don't like. No receipt needed. They will even take back an empty container. Problem solved

I do take things back--including a salad with a beetle in it and their boxed gravy which wasn't good. There is no problem about returning.

Most everything there I do like, though. They have a wonderful selection of imported cheeses (the Stilton with fruit is very tasty), good prices on eggs and bread, frozen vegetables, the small quiches. I really like most of what they offer, including friendly and fast checkout. As for the champagne, can't do that: I'd probably just sit and glug the whole bottle.

Honored Contributor

If you cannot find TJ's peach champagne, try Barefoot Moscato Spumante or Barefoot Peach Fusion. Both are very good. (as is everything we've tried from this brand)

Valued Contributor

bluegrass baby, did you check out Nordstrom Rack while dh was at Cabela's? I took a cruise through last time he went there before Christmas, not sure I would do much shopping there but I would check it out again if it were not so busy. I don't do crowds!

Honored Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for this recco! I just came back from our TJ's and am enjoying this with some Chinese food for dinner. Delish!
Trusted Contributor

Went to get more peach champagne. None on shelf. Guy tells me last bottle was sold 20 minutes ago. Walking away,guy is yelling to me. More was coming out...oh,happy day! Check in your area. It just may be coming your way,too!
Super Contributor

We drank a glass of it last night. It was very refreshing. I'm glad that it isn't overly sweet.
Valued Contributor

This sounds so yummy! Unfortunately, my Trader Joe's doesn't sell alcohol. Would love to try it though.

I didn't get a chance to go back before Christmas to get a Kringle. I got the almond one a few weeks ago and it was DELICIOUS! From the posts above, it sounds like this was a hot item for Christmas and I probably wouldn't have had luck in getting another one.

Valued Contributor

On 12/27/2014 lulu2 said:

If you cannot find TJ's peach champagne, try Barefoot Moscato Spumante or Barefoot Peach Fusion. Both are very good. (as is everything we've tried from this brand)

Oooohhhh! Thanx for the recs. I'm going to look for this Barefoot Peach Fusion.