Respected Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's peach champagne

Love Trader Joes and shop there a couple times a week. However, there are items there which I feel are really not good. Would love to try the champagne though! I did get some gingerbread cookies with frosting on top (made in Germany) which I gave to the neighbors. I'll have to give them something else to make up for it because they were just awful. (Had a box for my family too; no one liked them and we tossed them out.) No taste, dry, frosting didn't help them a bit.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good cookie from TJ's?

Honored Contributor

Peach champagne sounds delightful! I'd not heard of this but would love to try it.

Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 happygal said:

Love Trader Joes and shop there a couple times a week. However, there are items there which I feel are really not good. Would love to try the champagne though! I did get some gingerbread cookies with frosting on top (made in Germany) which I gave to the neighbors. I'll have to give them something else to make up for it because they were just awful. (Had a box for my family too; no one liked them and we tossed them out.) No taste, dry, frosting didn't help them a bit.

The almond biscotti are fantastic - the kind dipped in chocolate. And the maple leaf cookies are good too.

I tried a pear, fig, walnut tart from the bakery department - it was truly AWFUL! Good thing I had back up desserts!

Super Contributor

They do carry the peach champagne all year, at least out here in California they do. I really enjoy it in the summertime. It is carried in the champagne and prosecco area. The almond champagne is good too.

Trusted Contributor

I also thank whomever suggested the peach champagne. I served it at my Christmas morning brunch and we all liked it. I am hopeful that I will be able to find it this summer.

re: Kringle

I live in Kringle country, so we know what they cost at the bakery. The lady at TJs told me they sold out instantly since people were buying them by the dozen to put in their freezers. TJs was selling them for less than they cost at the source.

Esteemed Contributor

My TJ was out. I asked about it. I was told they order it and don't get it anymore. He thought the warehouse must be out of it.

I was so disappointed. He suggested an Almond Sparkling wine. I passed. I drink red usually.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your post, this sounds great. Now I just have to find it. I know what I'll be drinking New Years eve thanks to you! Happy 2015!
Respected Contributor

Lucky you. We're in a state-controlled liquor area and they get what they get. No Two Buck Chuck, no peach champagne and we have to put up with whatever selection the state puts on the inventory. And you can't shop for your wine when you are putting together your meal--you have to make a separate stop.

Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 terrier3 said:
On 12/26/2014 happygal said:

The almond biscotti are fantastic - the kind dipped in chocolate. And the maple leaf cookies are good too.

I tried a pear, fig, walnut tart from the bakery department - it was truly AWFUL! Good thing I had back up desserts!

Thanks, terrier. I'll check out the maple leaf cookies. The biscotti might be too hard for the neighbors as they are seniors.

While I'm complaining, I'll add that TJ's has the worst peanut butter. It has twice the sodium of Laura Scudders and has a bad taste too. Sorry to hijack the thread, 2zbeach.

Valued Contributor

Thank bluegrass baby, I hated to waste a trip to Greenville if they didn't have it, although I'm sure I could always find other things to purchase.