Valued Contributor

Re: Time for a new dishwasher.

Love my Bosch

Respected Contributor

We had to buy a dishwasher when we moved into our house last summer.  The one here was the original and it didn't work.  Of course, last summer appliances were hard to find.

I wanted a Bosch but delivery on them was 7-9 months.  I needed/wanted one in stock.  The guy at a local appliance store recommended the GE Cafe line and they delivered and installed it that week.  I love this thing.  We literally cannot hear it running.  Every thing comes out sparkling clean.  It cost wwwaaayyyy more than I wanted to pay but we wanted a DW pronto.  

Since then I've started seeing complaints with some of the Bosch DW so I hope this GE keeps up it's excellent performance.  

Respected Contributor

They salesman that we bought the dishwasher from said they should have it by the end of the week. From everything I have read I'm not holding my breath waiting for the phone call saying it came  in and is ready for delivery.

Valued Contributor

Our 20 year-old Maytag dishwasher is still going strong but the gasket in the bottom of the tub is very deteriorated.  I am afraid it will start leaking.  I called my regular repair man only to find that he is cutting back on his service area since he has no help.  He said that since it is that old and depending on the gasket needed, I would be spending 200-300 dollars if anyone could even supply the needed gasket.  He told me that it would probably be best just to buy a new dishwasher. I have been researching parts for my dishwasher and it appears that many of the parts are no longer being manufactured.  

I bit the bullet and bought a Bosch.  It should be installed next week.  It is such a shame that one cannot get parts for a dishwasher that has always done a great job and is still cleaning my dishes properly.  I will be sad to see it go, but don't have a choice.  The cost of a leak would far exceed the cost of a new dishwasher.