Respected Contributor

Re: Time for a new dishwasher.

We love our Bosch...at home and commercial one for our business.

Honored Contributor

We also have a Bosch that is probably about 10 years old--was here when we bought the condo.  The cycle takes about 90 minutes and we thought that was long but 3 hours???  But it is so quiet and would get another when this breaks down.

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 , I found that one hour cycle on mine and use it most of the time.  I always rinse my dishes and they come out just fine.  Occasionally if I am on a baking marathon I will really load it up with sticky dishes and run the "full" cycle.

Esteemed Contributor

My DW died in May. Original to my home circa 1999!

Bought a Bosch. Cycle is just over 2 hours. I run it overnight or later in the evening. I used the 30 minute cycle over the weekend and everything cleaned up well.

I think the cost was under $700.00.

Esteemed Contributor

We bought a new GE dishwasher about 3 months ago after our old Maytag died after 13 years. I love the GE and am really happy with it. We also went to our favorite small local appliance dealer that we've dealt with for years. The GE was one of only 3 that they had in stock - about the same price as yours (regular price).

I really like the display on the top of the door rather than on the front panel - it's so much easier to see and read. Also, the "normal" cycle is 2 hours. I'm now in the habit of running it every 2 days on the advice that I not wait until I have a full load. That was the same advice we heard from other sales people.

Hope you enjoy your new GE as much I enjoy mine!

Honored Contributor

Whirlpool

Respected Contributor

Our Kenmore dishwasher is almost 9 years old and we have been having a problem with it.  The dishes just don't seem to come out completely clean.  DH has tinkered with it, cleaned the drain etc. but it still is not doing a good job.  We have decided to replace it.  After researching I decided on a Bosch 300.  We will be ordering it when we get back home after vacation. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Utube actually has a video on Kenmore dishwashers that aren'tcleaning well and what to do to fix it. look up why isn't my dishwasher cleaning.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

My DW died in May. Original to my home circa 1999!

Bought a Bosch. Cycle is just over 2 hours. I run it overnight or later in the evening. I used the 30 minute cycle over the weekend and everything cleaned up well.

I think the cost was under $700.00.

I have a Bosch too and always use the 30 min express cycle.  We rinse off our dishes before we put them in the DW.  We always have and prefer to do that.  The 30 min cycle for us gets everything spotlessly clean.  

Edited to add.  Our Bosch doesn't have a dry cycle.  No problem with that.  I blot the tops of the glasses/mugs and leave the door of the DW open for about 45 mins to an hour ...   everything comes out completely dry.  I've always done that and never used the dry cycle on my previous DWs.

Respected Contributor

Our Bosch is 10+ years old.  Has only had one problem that my husband could fix himself.  Runs so quietly. Love it.  Having a dishwasher run for 3 hours is outrageous! Energy wasting too IMO.  I use the 30 minute Quick wash setting on my dishwasher.  It gets the dishes clean everytime. I don't pre-rinse,  that is the dishwasher's job to clean. Any bones, large food pieces get scraped into the trash or compost bin. I also don't use the heated drying. When the washing is done, I open the door for the dishes to dry.      3 hours for an appliance to run to do a simple job...no thanks!