Respected Contributor

Re: These cookies look like I feel.

What a beautiful fur child. I am so very sorry for your loss. What a difficult and painful day..

I hope time heals your wounds and that you have happy memories of the wonderful years you spent together.

I've no doubt you followed your recipe exactly.  Your creation reflected how you are feeling internally, in your heart. Your husband was exactly right. 

Bless you.

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful kitty! I am so sorry for your loss. I have been through the same and it is so heartbreaking. It was so nice of you to make the cookies..probably soft butter but am sure they taste just fine. The suggestion of crumbling onto ice cream is one way to enjoy them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

May not be beautiful cookies, but I bet there were delicious! 

Also, sorry about the passing of your beautiful cat.   

Frequent Contributor

Re: Such a sad event...it is so hard to say goodbye to our pr...

Sorry for the loss of your fur baby. They bring such joy and break our hearts when we loose them.

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat - I can't help with the cookies, but I'm really sorry you had say goodbye to your sweet kitty. We'd love to keep them forever, but we know we can't. You gave each other love for a long time, and she knew she was loved.

I am thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@MezzieStarr 

That's possible. I'd left it on the counter when we went out.

@house_cat So very sorry about your kitty but you did the right thing for her.

My aunt's toll house cookies were always sort of flat and in "rings" (not as much as yours but similar) and had sort of a burned butter taste.  All because her kitchen wasn't air conditioned!  I'm pretty sure it was the soft butter. 

Also she made my uncle beat them up by hand, which would be different from a mixer. They were the best in the world.

Honored Contributor

Im so very, very sorry about your baby.  It's hard to lose them because they become a part of us and we care for them so much.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty.  This is surely a very painful time for you,  but know that you did the right thing for kitty.  You helped kitty cross the bridge, the ultimate gift of love, I think.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   So sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty.  

The cookies probably taste fine.  Enjoy them and think of the sweet times with your kitty and the love she gave.  Hugs. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet