Honored Contributor

Re: These cookies look like I feel.

@house_cat 

I'm so sorry for your loss 🐈. Beautiful 😘

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr  and all of you who suggested it was the butter.  I can't think of any other explanation, because I was careful about the ingredients.

I made DH choose a dozen of the most reasonable looking ones and I threw the rest away.  I just couldn't look at them.

Also, thanks to everyone for your kind words about Gracie.  We've been through this several times before and while it's always difficult, this particular kitty was really special to me.  Still, I know the sadness will pass and we'll be smiling about her for years to come.

@HallowsEve 

I know how you are feeling.  We recently left SoCal after 20 years because of the rising temps and constant fires.  I hope the heat wave breaks soon and that you and your family stay safe.  Also, you seem to be a relatively new poster... welcome to our forum.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I am very sorry about the loss of your dear kitty!  I sure know how that feels to lose a beloved pet --- a special member of the family member.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@house_cat ...............I have no advise for your cookies, but they look yummy to me.  I love a crisp cookie, no mush soft cookie for me.

Im sad to hear of your kitty.  Furbabies break your heart when we lose them.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   Give me a tall glass of milk or a good cup of coffee, I'm in!!!!  Your cookies look thin, crispy, crunchy, YUMMY!!!!   You had your baby on your mind while mixing ingredients, you may have left something out even.

I feel your pain in having wonderful pets, knowing in your heart it's time to help them along in the end process. We've needed to do this as well. As time goes on, you will never forget this furry baby, but then again, you may come to the realization you'll want to love another furry baby not to take the place of but to give joy all over again.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat!!  Hugs!

I'm not a baker whatsoever but the soft butter would have been my guess too.  I'm sure they tasted fine though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry.  Prayers to you for your loss.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@house_cat,

So sorry for your loss,

Respected Contributor

So very sorry to hear about your kitty. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ah! So sorry about Kitty!

I think, too, it was the butter, but they look like they are more on the chewy side.