Respected Contributor

The Harney Tea recommendation

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  I got my Harney Tea order today. While it's 90 degrees here today, I still had to try it.  The African Autumn is just delicious.  Notes of cranberry and orange are robust and smooth. I will make it over ice next time. Hubs just told me to use the other tea he was drinking to make my big jug of sun tea...he loves the Harney Earl Grey...again robust, smooth. No bitterness at all.  Thanks for the heads up. This is our new tea "thing", ha! Will be trying new varieties. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Harney Tea recommendation

@bmorechick wrote:

@Sooner  I got my Harney Tea order today. While it's 90 degrees here today, I still had to try it.  The African Autumn is just delicious.  Notes of cranberry and orange are robust and smooth. I will make it over ice next time. Hubs just told me to use the other tea he was drinking to make my big jug of sun tea...he loves the Harney Earl Grey...again robust, smooth. No bitterness at all.  Thanks for the heads up. This is our new tea "thing", ha! Will be trying new varieties. 

@bmorechick How fun!  You got some great choices for summer.  We have cut down to almost nothing on soft drinks not, but the teas are really good in summer especially!  Enjoy and let us know what you like! 

Honored Contributor

So glad to read your endorsement, @bmorechick.  The African Autumn is in my order.  I've never had it before but the description sounded good to me.  Looking forward to opening my box of goodies and trying them out.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanksgiving weekend visited some friends whom we haven't seen in many years. I had a little hostess gift for them that I ended up forgetting at home. Well we arrived and I discovered they and their kids (high school and college age) are big tea drinkers. The wife fills a big percolator (30 cupper) with water in the morning and keeps it plugged in, to have hot water on demand all day long. She had a nice variety of teas to choose from too, but brand names I didn't recognize. I had a couple from Good Earth that were very good.

On the ride home, I got an email from Harney & Sons about their sale. I ordered several tins to send to our friends. I also added more to my Amazon subscriptions. I'm working on a mug of Blueberry Green as I type - 😋. Looking forward to receiving my order - Holiday Heritage, Tower of London, African Autumn, Holiday, Hot Cinnamon (reg. & decaf), and Paris. ☕️

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch What a great gift! They are going to be  so happy!!!   I can identify with their hot water supply.  I bought a water boiler a year or so ago and we use it all the time for so many things--but especially tea!

You are a good friend and you have some great seasonal teas to enjoy! thanks for sharing your adventure!