Respected Contributor

Re: Tea--In House!

[ Edited ]

Hot tea - not for me..  Only sweet iced tea, but not in the mornings.  Coffee in the mornings...

Valued Contributor

@KatieB  and All, 

My Grandmother did not care for  hot tea that I know of.  

She did enjoy her pitcher of  Southern Sweet Iced Tea during the day year round.  

She liked her cup of Maxwell House Instant Coffee with cream and sugar in the morning.   

Grandmother lived to be 96 years old.    

Keep Calm and Drink More Tea, 

CAT

Super Contributor

I'm both a coffee and tea drinker, but the coffee is usually one of few when I first wake up and teas I have so many favorites I have a whole shelf in the pantry of teas. Luckily I'm not super-picky, right now I have tea from a great blend I discovered at a tea shop on vacation to my cheaper Good Earth Sweet and Spicy (it's also great for iced tea). I've been drinking a lot of hibiscus straight and blended because it's supposed to help with high blood pressure, Tazo Zen or Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime at bedtime, Stash Double Chai late morning, Trader Joe's Candy Cane Lane (like Celestial Seasoning's Christmas peppermint-vanilla), and a few Yogi teas.

Valued Contributor

Re: Tea--In House!

[ Edited ]

I can drink tea all day but coffee is a morning thing only. Gold blend teas are my favorite...mainly Barry's and Bewley. Every so often QVC offers Bewley's but the price can be all over the place on Amazon.  Yerba Mate is my second favorite and Celestial Seasonings has a black tea/mate blend that is wonderful. Flavored teas by Teavana has dried fruit in it so have been drinking a lot of that lately too. 

Respected Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@KatieB  and All, 

My Grandmother did not care for  hot tea that I know of.  

She did enjoy her pitcher of  Southern Sweet Iced Tea during the day year round.  

She liked her cup of Maxwell House Instant Coffee with cream and sugar in the morning.   

Grandmother lived to be 96 years old.    

Keep Calm and Drink More Tea, 

CAT

@gacat123  I must be cut from the same mold as your Grandmother.  We never had hot tea at our house when I was growing up in NC and neither did my grandparents.  Sweet iced tea was the only kind of tea we ever had...

Respected Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

Hubby & I drink Twinings Irish Breakfast tea - love it.

I drank Red Rose all my life.  Then we went to London in 2013 and loved the Twinings tea there.  When we came back I bought a sampler box of different Twinings tea and we liked the Iriah Breakfast the best.

I am drinking more lately lol.

You must have quite a collection of the Wade figurines then?

I drink black tea, iced all through the day. About 2 quarts a day, no sugar, and strong with a lot of ice. 

For 8 or 9 years I drank Red Rose.  It is a decent tea, but I was just like a kid with Cracker Jacks over those figurines. 

I'm so mad since they discontinued them that I quit buying Red Rose.  Its higher price without the figurine was not worth it to me.  I buy Lipton, or Benner, Luzianne, or National Tea (at Walmart) and any of them are fine.  

I and my family had tons of those figurines.  My Mom used to put them in with her plants.   My grandson (now 13) even liked to play with them when he was a toddler.   Ended up pitching them all eventually.

Thanks for a blast from the past!  

Respected Contributor

I drink coffee in the morning, two cups.   After around 10:00 the thought of coffee is gross.  I like a good strong coffee and about 6 months ago started putting a little 1/2 and 1/2 in it.  I used to drink it only black.  No sugar.

I love a cup of hot decaf tea in the evening.  Black or a fruit flavored:  lemon, peach, apricot or mango only.   Don't even mention milk or spices/herbs in my tea.  No sugar either unless it's hot black tea; I like that a little sweet.  I love Early Grey and Lady Grey tea, hot or cold.  

For iced tea I'm just the opposite.   No sugar ever.  I like the same black tea or fruit teas as hot.  That is all.