Respected Contributor

Convection Oven recomendations

I am looking for recomendations for Convection Ovens.  I have a Breville and it looks like it may be on the move out.  Can you please recommend any?  I am getting so confused on which oven is also good.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Convection Oven recomendations

I don't think convection is worth worrying about - none of them do anything great.   More bells & whistles to impress YOU more than a cooking feature.

Bake - broil & toast hits most of the high points for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @luvmybeetle sorry you’re having trouble with picking a new convection oven but I had decided my next would be a Breville so I guess I can’t help you today. I just keep using old trusty Black & Decker. All I know for sure is that my next one will have French doors.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

My Breville has not held up great either.  I think it's about 3 years old and neither the broil function or the timer are working.  For what they cost, I expected more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I don't think convection is worth worrying about - none of them do anything great.   More bells & whistles to impress YOU more than a cooking feature.

Bake - broil & toast hits most of the high points for me.

I think it is worth buying.  I have been baking, toasting and all kinds of cooking with mine.  I don't consider them bells and whistles, I love mine.  I am going to buy another and just wanted to get recommendations here not criticizm about one.

Respected Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Hey @luvmybeetle sorry you’re having trouble with picking a new convection oven but I had decided my next would be a Breville so I guess I can’t help you today. I just keep using old trusty Black & Decker. All I know for sure is that my next one will have French doors.

Good luck.

I thought about the double doors too but I don't have the room for the one on here.  I only have about 18 1/2" wide on my counter.  I was looking at the Kitchen Aid.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My Breville has not held up great either.  I think it's about 3 years old and neither the broil function or the timer are working.  For what they cost, I expected more.

I always thought the Breville name meant top of the line, but when I check the reviews on different tabletop appliances by that company the reviews aren't very good.  

So many of them say their appliances didn't last as long as the less expensive ones.

I remember Martha Stewart recommending them highly when she still had her show.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle -

I really miss my convection oven. I'm pretty sure it was a Black and Decker.

It kept shorting out in my new place.

I didn't find that it baked or cooked faster at all though.

I too found it really hard to decipher from reviews which one was the best,

unfortunately.

I hope others have better recommendations.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle OKAY - sorry - wasn't criticizing .  What I didn't tell you is....I bought one - hated it - gave it to the Mission last month.   I - personally - was not impressed with it.  Been sitting in the basement for 3 years so decided to dump it.   If you love it..............buy another. 

Esteemed Contributor

When we bought a new stove, we made sure it had a convection oven feature (we use it every day).