Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@chickenbutt     was that you I read the other day that was talking about buying a new SUV and it had no CD player in it ? We're gonna buy one when the '21's come in and hope you don't have to have a smart phone to  stream music now in your car.

This isn't the case with all new cars is it ?

Hey Sharke!  Nope, It was not I.    My SUV is from the last century, so no CD player but I do have a converter for that or for my iPod.  That helps.   I hope you find the perfect vehicle.

Even though my car is old now, I truly love my car and it is probably my last car.   Funny thing - purchased brand new in '97 and I have just over 50,000 miles on it.  Every time I take it in for servicing the people working there always try to buy it off me.   Smiley Happy   I told the husband that if I die first and you want to sell my car, be sure to stop by these places.

Respected Contributor

HORRIBLE COMPANY... I have followed this for a long time and Smithfield got caught severely torturing the pigs.... they tried to quickly turn it around soon after the videos were released, and say they'd changed their ways........omg, NOT.

There are videos on Youtube....and it will make you very sick...if you love animals and humane treatments......

Seems they now use a few ways to kill them...it's hard for me to even write it out.... some type of 'gas' to stun and disorient them...but they are awake, then there is some type of pole hit to their head.... and before they are killed, many pigs are fully awake.....so they are boiled anyway.... GOOD LORD. 

China is no caring/compassionate company either, imo...they are not kind to animals and eat about anything....

But, supply and demand and those animals lose who have no voice... 

Bottom line:: Money talks.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@chickenbutt     was that you I read the other day that was talking about buying a new SUV and it had no CD player in it ? We're gonna buy one when the '21's come in and hope you don't have to have a smart phone to  stream music now in your car.

This isn't the case with all new cars is it ?

Hey Sharke!  Nope, It was not I.    My SUV is from the last century, so no CD player but I do have a converter for that or for my iPod.  That helps.   I hope you find the perfect vehicle.

Even though my car is old now, I truly love my car and it is probably my last car.   Funny thing - purchased brand new in '97 and I have just over 50,000 miles on it.  Every time I take it in for servicing the people working there always try to buy it off me.   Smiley Happy   I told the husband that if I die first and you want to sell my car, be sure to stop by these places.

Oh. I' m sorry to have bothered you.

I get you, Sooner and House Cat all mixed up.  Blame it on 'old age'

LOL

Honored Contributor

@cbrite 

Even though Smithfield is the company of this thread,

if humans are using animals for food,

ALL animals, everywhere, are treated inhumanely.

All that animal death for brief human pleasure.

Honored Contributor

Someone is preaching again. I eat meat everyday and love it.

Respected Contributor

I was happier before all the Internet stuff...as it was not available...some things I do not wish to know.... It was March of 2009 when I first got on a computer on YT.... I'd never bothered with it prior.....Had not ever heard of Youtube then. Seeing all the things I was not aware of was shocking and surprising to me then. I was into the music mainly tho. The first time I made a post on my YT channel, some guy told me to commit suicide. I then realized I had entered a very strange, creepy place and I was so naive I'd got myself into a whole new world I was not prepared for. Now, the media etc., gives me nightmares. Too much....(for me anyway). 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbrite 

The internet has been both  a blessing and a curse, hasn't it?

Just try to filter out fake news,  sermons delivering questionable health and nutrition advice-- and then try to ignore the morality lectures that get mixed into those sermons.

The internet provides many  resources to do our own research in the quest for truth.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 Yep....a blessing and curse is right. Honestly, who is telling the truth? 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Someone is preaching again. I eat meat everyday and love it.

@RetRN 

to each his own,    Maybe someday  your heart may open to their suffering............. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkEThat was me that got the SUV with no CD player....LOL

You can subscribe to Sirius and get a variety of music....but I would have to stream a playlist from my phone to play an album by my favorite artist.