Honored Contributor

Share your worst experience with Temp-tations failures in your kitchen

There seems to be some posters who are unnaturally committed to this brand, and others who won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Others of us have a love/hate relationship with it.

So, if you have had a bad experience with the performance of Temp-tations products, or received inferior quality merchandise, share here so others can see it isn't just one or two people who have had problems.

Even fans like myself, who buy lots, use it everyday and enjoy it, if honest and without an agenda, will admit it isn't always the best quality. I have never had a piece actually break in two in the oven, but several developed cracks, and much has crazed, some if it like that brand new out of the box.

Share the failures you've experienced.

Super Contributor

Re: Share your worst experience with Temp-tations failures in your kitchen

I bought the bake ware set last year. Baked something in it right off the bat to show my husband it was "non=stick" as claimed. He got the last laugh when the food stuck BIG TIME. Since then, the plastic lids have all broken, food sticks even with the use of a non-stick agent, and the bake ware itself is chipping. Will never waste money on temp-tations again.

Respected Contributor

My worst experience is that I made a pineapple cake that came out so well that I didn't have leftovers, which I was planning on! Smiley Happy I haven't had the bad experiences others have. I'm sorry that they did, but mine have done well. So far, I guess!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

Kitty, I am almost certain I was reading the bad news thread, and the removed comments were some of the most recent ones.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 SHOPR said:

Kitty, I am almost certain I was reading the bad news thread, and the removed comments were some of the most recent ones.

Thanks, SHOPR. I was just wondering because since we had all the deletions yesterday, I had not posted anything new there today. Maybe they were "leftovers"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'll check it out.

Honored Contributor

I have one temptations set that I've had for around eight years. It's 3 rectangular bakers that come in a little basket with handles. They nest together. They are more or less one or two serving size. I don't use them a ton, but do use them on occasion. No issues here.
Honored Contributor

I have one 9x13 baker and it arrived with a chip. I called the CS # and they sent me a replacement. They never asked for the chipped one back, so now I have two. I enjoy using them and they clean up very easily. I have to say that I heard so much negative talk about them here on the boards, so I always put a cookie sheet under them in the oven in case they should break or crack, but so far, no problems

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

all good reviews from me......my oldest piece is around 10 years old and my newest piece about 2 months old. so far so good.....looks good on my table, holds up well, i dont have to baby it, and it is affordably priced. love that there is now a 3 year warranty on the products.

a note: if you DO want to try temp-tations for the first time the best time would be to order it mid-september. the holiday policy will be in effect so you will have until almost the end of january 2016 to use it and return it if it doesnt meet your expectations. 4+ months or your money back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Was this post started with the expectation that there would be many many more negative comments?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Contributor

Because of reading of baking failures (cracking) I do not buy this product for oven use just serving and salad use. I have purchased from the Q Lidia Bastianich bakeware for oven use that I have never read of product failures but this line is no longer available. I have recently ordered many bowl sets intended for holiday gifting and I have had to return one set so far due to smeared paint on the interior of a bowl and crazing that appeared after washing the bowl for first time use. Crazing is a sign of a problem with glaze and seems to be a constant complaint for Temptations product. I would like to see a tracking of the Chinese producers of Tara's products. Is there more than one factory producing her products and is that the issue for uneven quality? I am still hopeful that my orders yet to come will be free from flaws--- I am a fan of color in my kitchen and Floral Lace bowls add that lift. Sad thing is if we saw any of these products in a store, would we buy them with the flaws in paint and glaze?----- of course not! But the flawed products are few and I once again am gambling on receiving bowl sets without defects. QVC does refund all postage for defective products but that doesn't cover our disappointment in that product.