Valued Contributor

Where can I go to find good recipes and ideas for using my spiralizer?

Respected Contributor

Re: Spiralized Recipe Question

Scroll down to the topic started by Sooner: somebody posted some sites you can go to. I haven't checked them out yet, but it's on my agenda. Poodlepet2
Honored Contributor

I just down loaded a book to my Kindle called===The Ultimate Paderno Spiralizer Cookbook---I think the Paderno is the name of the spiral utencil she uses. It has 80 recipes in it that all sound pretty good. Also put on hold at my library, one that is called---Inspiralized by Ali Maffucci. And I ordered a spiralizer that looks like the apple peeling machine as my manual dexterity due to chemo is an issue. Should get that tomorrow. I have been making the zucchini into noodles and they are so yummy!! I will report back.

Valued Contributor

I bought the Spirilizer, or some version of, called the Vegetti. Haven't used it more than once or twice but I found a great looking recipe using the Spirilizer and sweet potatoes. Going to try it with my Vegetti this week.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/04/spiralized-sweet-potato-latkes.html

Hope this link lasts long enough for some to copy.

Maria

Honored Contributor

There is another similar thread a bit further down and this is a great recommendation from BklynKinsey:

This website has fantastic recipes for the spiralizer:

http://www.inspiralized.com/

Trusted Contributor

Boop

Valued Contributor

Thanks, everyone for the info.

Respected Contributor

My go to book has been Raw Food Made Easy which has the spaghetti with tomato sauce recipe and a lot more. It has some amazing food- "brownies" made with cocoa and dates and not baked. You'll swear they are the fudgiest brownies ever, yet no added sugar. If you have a Vitamix or a Ninja and a spiralizer, this book is incredible.

I've cooked my way through it and only a nut allergy keeps me from using some of the recipes or not altering some of them. (There is a nut "meatball" recipe that is delicious.)

And a zucchini hummus, zucchini rather than chickpeas. Much lighter and surprisingly good.

Honored Contributor

Can you use an apple peeler in place of a spiralizer?

Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2015 terrier3 said:

Can you use an apple peeler in place of a spiralizer?

You can use one of those apple peelers but it may not have the ability to conform to the shape of the vegetable and the veg are often too soft.

If you don't want to spend money on a spiralizer, then you can shave down "noodles" with a veg peeler. They will be shorter and broader, but they will work. However, the spiralizer gives you the "mouth feel" of capellini or angel hair pasta and I don't know about you, but the shape of pasta in the mouth is as much the flavor as is the taste.