Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Blender/Food processor

@furbabylover wrote:

@Icegoddess Yes, WP appliances are top notch. I can't figure out why he stopped making these things. I will say the one stinker I bought from him was his toaster oven with rotisserie. That thing gave out after 6 months, and the rotisserie only fit a very small chicken. I get the feeling WP is fading from HSN since Curtis Stone has taken the spotlight.

@furbabylover that's a shame.  Curtis' electrics apparently aren't that hot according to some of the folks on a FB Kitchen Gadgets group I'm on.  Some of the folks there steer clear of them now after bad experiences but still swear by his pans.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

My story...........I got tired of making my own milkshakes at home and having all the butterscotch sauce stay at the bottom of the pitcher.

Ninja, has the 2 blades (don't let kids handle) one at bottom , one higher up and the milk, ice cream, sauce all gets blended better.

Milkshakes you buy out are weak and use cheap ice cream. For some reason you can't find butterscotch flavoring in the Amarillo, Tx area.

Carmel , no problem, but, forget butterscotch your not gonna find it . I had to turn to Amazon or Walmart can't remember which and order it.

throw in butter pecan ice cream, butterscotch topping, milk, and there ya go, scotch it up all you want and the Ninji blends it altogether.

One I got is the tall blender and the top fits the small unit as well as the tall blender and both units have the double blades. Acylic plastic haven't had any trouble with it throw in dishwasher.

@SharkE   You add Scotch to your shakes?  You go girl! Woman Wink

Butterscotch, silly, girl ! LOL

Honored Contributor

@jjb David is showing the Ninja Storm Designer Series processor in ITKWD tonight.  It sounds exactly like what you describe, both for chopping and smooties, although if you are looking for slicing I don't think it does that.

It's only 33.12 and free shipping at least through tonight.  K-50386

Regular Contributor

Thank you...I just purchased it!!