Honored Contributor

Anybody know how one contacts her?  Does she have a Facebook page? I heard her say that people often ask her if her glass LnL can go into the air fryer (if it fits, yes), but I would like to ask her about the pressure cooker.  I was looking at a pot-in-pot method for cooking oatmeal in the pressure cooker and the author said that Pyrex no longer recommends that their glassware be used in the PC.  But, Pyrex hasn't used bore silica glass in years while LnL does.  So, I would like to ask her about that.  

I did try the method using a stainless steel pot specifically made for the PC.  It worked great, but the pot had a little trench aroud it that the oatmeal cooked into and was a bit difficult to get it all cleaned out.  

Valued Contributor

I follow her on Instagram.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Anybody know how one contacts her?  Does she have a Facebook page? I heard her say that people often ask her if her glass LnL can go into the air fryer (if it fits, yes), but I would like to ask her about the pressure cooker.  I was looking at a pot-in-pot method for cooking oatmeal in the pressure cooker and the author said that Pyrex no longer recommends that their glassware be used in the PC.  But, Pyrex hasn't used bore silica glass in years while LnL does.  So, I would like to ask her about that.  

I did try the method using a stainless steel pot specifically made for the PC.  It worked great, but the pot had a little trench aroud it that the oatmeal cooked into and was a bit difficult to get it all cleaned out.  

@Icegoddess  I know she has an Instagram page where she answers all questions. Don't know about FB. You can google her name plus FB. 

Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

I follow her on Instagram.

@Bibione Thanks, but I don't have Instagram (and really don't need another social media presence).  Do you remember her name?  I can check on Facebook.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   It's Chris Pryme.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Icegoddess   It's Chris Pryme.  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr Thanks.  I didn't find her on FB, but I did find an official LocknLock page, so I messaged them there.  I saw that I had previously messaged them about a discrepancy in their use & care instructions and they answered me prompty then.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess - Lock & Lock representative Chris Pryme's only social media presence is on Instagram. If you change your mind and decide to contact her there, she is very responsive: @chrisprymeqvc.

Honored Contributor

I am not trying to be snarky, but I can't the help but wonder why anyone would want to cook oatmeal in a pressure cooker.

It cooks pretty fast on top of the range...even the steel cut ones.

I wouldn't be comfortable putting glass in the pressure cooker.  That would be a disaster if it exploded.  I saw a pressure cooker accident when I was a teen. No one got hurt, thank goodness.  It was similar to a bomb going off. It's not a sight I will ever forget.

Respected Contributor

I've cooked steel cut oats in my InstantPot, but I just make it in the regular vessel, as I'm afraid to put glass or crockery in the pressure cooker:

2 cups steel cut oats

6 cups liquid (I used half almond milk & half water)

fruit of choice (I've used a bag of frozen peaches)

Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes & do a natural pressure release & then, I portion it out into my small serving sized glass L&L containers & refrigerate for several days worth of breakfasts & just heat it in the microwave before eating.

Valued Contributor

You can safely use silicone in your IP & other pressure cookers.  In fact there are silicone pieces specifically made for this use with long handles to safely remove your container when it is finished.   You might want to look into those as alternatives.  Definitely alot safer than glass in a pressure cooker.  In fact found these on eBay.   QVC used to have some on clearance but have not seen lately.  I have had the set in red in the picture for years.  Good kuck.😊

Screenshot_20210121-140236.pngK