Valued Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Blender/Food processor

We bought a Vitamix and hated it, so we then bought a Wolfgang Puck blender and LOVE it! I don't see it on HSN anymore, sadly.

Respected Contributor

@jjb wrote:
Is the storm strong enough to crush ice and cut up hard veggies like carrots. I like the colors!

Yes it is. I will say I’ve never crushed ice in it, but it blends frozen bananas and berries completely for smoothies which my Vitamix never did. It used to drive me crazy to come across a hunk of banana or strawberry.  Check out the video presentations. 

Super Contributor

Team Ninja!

I have both the Ninja Blender and the Ninja Storm. Haven't tried the (smaller) Storm for ice, but the regular Ninja Blender rocks when it comes to ice! The Storm has the same blade as the larger one, so I would guess it would do the same. I think I paid about $100 for the big one and $40 for the Storm.

Regular Contributor

The Ninja Storm looks like exactly what I want. Not too big but gets the job done! Thanks everyone!!
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal That's the one I have and I love it. Perfect the few things I need it for.

@tucsongal wrote:

I donated my $400 vitamix after getting this. Love it!

D429D951-59B6-4263-AB5F-A9D5BB4D3F8D.png

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

We bought a Vitamix and hated it, so we then bought a Wolfgang Puck blender and LOVE it! I don't see it on HSN anymore, sadly.

@furbabylover I have a WP blender and his food processor.  I agree, it seems he doesn't make them any more.  I love that food processor; it is so quiet and the tools all store on-board.  I haven't used the blender much.  It has one knob, but it supposedly will chop ice and make soup.  i also have his VersaCooker slow cooker.  Used it the other day to make chili.  I don't think he makes that anymore either.  It's a shame he discontinues stuff when it's no longer the hot item of the day.

Regular Contributor

Is it this? Visit the Wolfgang Puck Store
Wolfgang Puck 7-in-1 Immersion Blender with Food Processor Bowl, Removable Hand Blender Stick, Adjustable Speed Dial, 7 Functions, Dishwasher Safe Parts (Red)
Wolfgang Puck 7-in-1 Immersion Blender with Food Processor Bowl, Removable Hand Blender Stick, Adjustable Speed Dial, 7 Functions, Dishwasher Safe Parts (Red)
Found it on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@jjb No.  This is a pic of my WP blender.  But, I wouldn't consider it a combo blender/food processor like you are looking for.  I have a separate WP food processor.  

WP Blender.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

My story...........I got tired of making my own milkshakes at home and having all the butterscotch sauce stay at the bottom of the pitcher.

Ninja, has the 2 blades (don't let kids handle) one at bottom , one higher up and the milk, ice cream, sauce all gets blended better.

Milkshakes you buy out are weak and use cheap ice cream. For some reason you can't find butterscotch flavoring in the Amarillo, Tx area.

Carmel , no problem, but, forget butterscotch your not gonna find it . I had to turn to Amazon or Walmart can't remember which and order it.

throw in butter pecan ice cream, butterscotch topping, milk, and there ya go, scotch it up all you want and the Ninji blends it altogether.

One I got is the tall blender and the top fits the small unit as well as the tall blender and both units have the double blades. Acylic plastic haven't had any trouble with it throw in dishwasher.

@SharkE   You add Scotch to your shakes?  You go girl! Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess Yes, WP appliances are top notch. I can't figure out why he stopped making these things. I will say the one stinker I bought from him was his toaster oven with rotisserie. That thing gave out after 6 months, and the rotisserie only fit a very small chicken. I get the feeling WP is fading from HSN since Curtis Stone has taken the spotlight.