Regular Contributor

Recommendations for Blender/Food processor

I am looking for something that I can use as a blender to make smoothies and shakes but also to chop vegetables etc for soups and salads. I can’t afford a Vitamix. Any recommendations for something more affordable possibly no more than $200.00? Thanks 😊
Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Blender/Food processor

NINJI !!!   anything ninji all U need to know.   The Best.

Honored Contributor

walmart 50-100 just guessing

Regular Contributor

Great..Thanks!! Any particular Ninja model!
Respected Contributor

I have an Oster blender/food processor - it works great.  Even crushing ice for frozen drinks.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jjb I also have an Oster blender.   Mine came with a small food chopper and they both work great!!  I bought it on Amazon.  Used to have a Vitamix and IMO they are not worth the money.  My Oster was less expensive and I get a much better result......plus it's a glass pitcher instead of that cheap plastic one that Vitamix gives you.

Regular Contributor

Great..Can you give me a link for that on Amazon or the particular name of the blender? Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Mine is glass too and the unit itelf is heay/sturdy.

Sorry there's no name or model number on the unit or the instructions- I've had it 5 or 6 years.  

If you do a search for Oster blender/food processor there are many.

I got mine at Walmart.  

Honored Contributor

My story...........I got tired of making my own milkshakes at home and having all the butterscotch sauce stay at the bottom of the pitcher.

Ninja, has the 2 blades (don't let kids handle) one at bottom , one higher up and the milk, ice cream, sauce all gets blended better.

Milkshakes you buy out are weak and use cheap ice cream. For some reason you can't find butterscotch flavoring in the Amarillo, Tx area.

Carmel , no problem, but, forget butterscotch your not gonna find it . I had to turn to Amazon or Walmart can't remember which and order it.

throw in butter pecan ice cream, butterscotch topping, milk, and there ya go, scotch it up all you want and the Ninji blends it altogether.

One I got is the tall blender and the top fits the small unit as well as the tall blender and both units have the double blades. Acylic plastic haven't had any trouble with it throw in dishwasher.

Esteemed Contributor

@jjb  Mine is the Oster Pro 1200 blender with glass jar, smoothie cup and food processor.   Looks like Amazon has a different version now as I purchased mine 2 years ago.  The one they have now is still a 1200 blender with a food processor attachment, very similar to mine but it does have a plastic pitcher rather than the glass.  If you research more you will proably find a glass one if that's what you would like.