Regular Contributor

Re: RED Air Fryer Disappointed!!

Sorry you are not happy with your air fryer.  I love mine. Mine is RED not pinkish like yours.  It's not quite as deep in color as my red kitchen aid stuff but it's pretty close. I've made several things and everything came out great.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks to all who responded to my post about my not so red air fryer.  It is not a true red, it really is not.  It has a pinkish or orangy cast to it.  Even my husband said something about the color and he is the kind that never notices anything.  So when he said that I knew I was not imaging things. 

I am not giving up on mh air fryer yet.  I need to try a few more items and look for recipes on the internet.

But the color will continue to annoy me that's for sure.  Next time it will be white or black!!!

Respected Contributor

I prefer a blue-red as I think it looks richer.  

Sorry it wasn't the color red you hoped, I know it's disappointing.  

Honored Contributor

WOW, having read the comments it looks like the red color is not true on each and every appliance since some have received a deep blue/red and others have received a variation of the red color.  THAT is not good.  While I understand that reds are hard to match, when something is made it is usually made within a certain color standard (fabrics also do this and if you buy the fabric you want to make sure you buy all you need because different "lots" have different color hues)... so it appears that these machines may have been maae at different manufacturing plants and each had a different Lot color....

Really not  good.  Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

It certainly could be that there are variations in the color of the appliance, but that is unlikely on the exact same appliance..

More likely, human beings interpret the colors they see, differently..

Another possible factor..anyone ever have cataract surgery? Remember how different the colors looked after that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I compared my air fryer to my Kitchenaid last night & mine looks exactingly like the red on the web site & the TV. A regular, fire engine red.

My Kitchenaid looks exactly like the website also. It is a deeper, richer closer-to-but-not-quite-candy-apple-red (which I prefer).

I too, would have preferred the red on the air fryer to be the darker blue-red like the Kitchenaid but it was what it was. I knew that when I purchased it.

I still LOVE that thing LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I'd send the darn thing back.  You listed several issues beyond the color.  Soon it will bug the heck out of you.

Regular Contributor

There is no question regarding the red color -mine is not RED.  I have read a couple of other reviews on the item and they state that their fryer is not a true red either that it tends to have a pinkish or orange color to it.  As one of you stated, I don't think all of the fryers were made at the same place either or they were not consistent in their manufacturing of the red color.

I posted a review on the page where you order the fryer about two days ago and my review was not posted.  I did not swear, critize anyone but I did give negative comments on the fryer and the instruction book as other people did and my review was not posted.  I guess by not posting a review with a negative tone and only positive ones they will sell more fryers.  So typical of QVC.

Frequent Contributor

I received my red air fryer and opened it yesterday.  Mine is not the red I had hoped for either.   It also has a pinkish/rosey hue to it, almost luminescent.   It does not match the red in my Keurig or KitchenAid food processor.  Although it is not the  true red that I like and expected, I won't return it. It won't be on my counter top, and as long as it "cooks" as it is supposed to, I will be fine with it. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this helps anybody else, but here goes - 

One thing I've done with countertop-type appliances that didn't go with my other stuff was to have covers made.   

There are actually a lot of appliance covers out there so you can find pre-made stuff much of the time.  Or, of course, if you sew (I don't) you can make one.

I had a couple of things that were white (before they started making colors for everything).  I don't care for white.  So I either bought pre-made if I could find the right size, or had made, covers in colors I like.  One lady from ebay makes nice covers with this quilted fabric that I like.  She made me a few in black with this perfect red color ribbing (or whatever you call that).

Anyway, it's a thought.  Smiley Happy   I love covers for stuff anyway so this was right up my alley.