Honored Contributor

Re: RED Air Fryer Disappointed!!

I bought 2 red air fryers. They don't look pink to me.

Trusted Contributor

Yes the color red can be many different shades!  As far as all the the new type appliances they are coming up with  I have learned to stay away from them!  When I was younger I would try them all but I learned after a while I didn't use them and they were just taking up room in my kitchen cabinets or cluttering up my counters!  I stick with my basic cooking pans and appliances now!! Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Peridot, 

I too purchased the red air fryer but it was not a pinkish color at all. It was a beautiful red, red color. I wonder if  there wasn't consistency in the air fryer colors. Perhaps they were manufactured at different times and some were the red color I received and you expected and some looked sort of pinkish. You might contact QVC customer service

If I were you, I'd keep making different recipes with the air fryer you have to see if you want to keep an air fryer before you return it for another color. So far I've been pleased though I haven't made a lot of things yet. So far I've made Meredith's skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, roasted asparagus, and chicken wings.

Super Contributor

Also Peridot, remember that Meredith is writing an air fryer cookbook that will be avaialble in the fall.

Super Contributor

Mine IS red red, and perfectly matches other red in my kitchen.  I see no 'pink' in it at all. Perfectly satisfied and happy.

Respected Contributor

i wish some of you would post pictures of your red fryers so we can see if they are indeed totally different colors...i find it really interesting that they would sell something other than that which was presented on air and expect buyers not to notice

Respected Contributor

You don't like the color, you don't like how it cooks, and you're concerned about the short warranty.   Return it, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been LMAO reading the reviews and the reason a few are returning.  One says the presets weren't in the box, one says the basket fell off, one said the print in the book is too small (buy some glasses) and another that she has to wash it after she uses it and now the color red.  I love mine.  I've made salmon, bacon, breaded mushrooms, cheesesticks, a quiche, grilled cheese and tonight a chicken quarter.  It does not only cook frozen food.  It shuts off automatically when done with 5 beeps.  If you want to shut it off early or shake the contents simply pull the basket out.  It restarts automatically.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I would never get red appliances from different manufacturers.  There's no way they would match, and the different shades within the red spectrum would be all over the place.

For that reason, all my appliances are either black, white, or platinum.  I did take a walk on the wild side recently when I bought the green Lorena small appliance TS on HSN, but I don't plan to keep that one on the counter. :-)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Contributor

I purchased the Red Air Fryer and got exactly that, a true red color!   No pink tones at all on mine.   I will say that I am a little disappointed in it, the size of the basket is a lot smaller than I had hoped.   I can just as easily cook more in the oven and have it come out tasting just as good, but I will keep it for small amounts of things as snacks etc.   My son likes it, lots easier for him to use when cooking for himself, raher than heating up the oven.   I am just a sucker for all these new kitchen gadgets, my problem, not the appliances.  : )