Trusted Contributor

Re: RED Air Fryer Disappointed!!

@Peridot wrote:

Am I the only one that is disappointed with the color of the "red" air fyer from the TSV???  When I opened the box I was shocked to see the pinkish color of the fryer.  I was expecting RED like the red of the Cooks Essential pressure cooker.  For this very reason I am not sure that I want to keep it.  Now I wish I would have ordered black or white.  Certainly won't keep it on my counter as it is ugly.

I tried it out as soon as I got it unpacked.  I got out the User Manual/Instruction Booklet and found that I had gone blind because I could not read the small print and the pictures were hard to see also.  QVC really needs to improve this booklet as I am sure I am not the only one who has an issue with this.

The other thing that was irritating was the fact that the unit does not have an OFF button or selection.  It is very difficult to get it to shut off.  Or since I can't read the instruction booklet is there a way to get it to shut off immediately??

I did frozen onion rings which were ok.  DH likes those as I don't eat them.  Then I tried frozen French fries and they took longer than the predetermined setting for French fries.  I was not that impressed with them as they taste exactly the same as they do when you bake them in the oven and I guess I am not a fan of baked French fries.  I was wondering if I spritzed them with oil of some kind if that would improve the flavor.

The other item I tried was a frozen corn dog as my grankids like them.  After 20 minutes it was very brown but still cool in the inside.  So my thought would be to un-thaw it before cooking it to make sure it was heated through. But I think this will be a success.

Clean up was easy.  I hand washed it and will probably continue to do so if I keep it because the dishwasher is harsh on items like this.  It is nice that you do not have to wait 20 minutes for it to preheat like you do the oven.  I am going to try grilled cheese tomorow to see how that works.  And maybe a burger.

Also am concerned about the 60 day warranty on this item.  I did not notice this until I read about it in the forum so that is a concern also.  Can just see this thing stop working after 3-4 months and there I sit with my $100 investment not working.

Still don't know if I am keeping it because of hte ugly color.  Will keep using it to make sure it works and will certainlhy send it back if it fails in this aspect.

I'm sure your impression of the color is accurate.  The eggplant had the same washed out tone.  Next to my new KitchenAid stand mixer's  luxury finish the air fryer looked pitiful. ( but then so do most small appliances.  That model is beautiful)  My Q airfryer went back because, a you mentioned, it doesn't have controls and because it does a mediocre job when compared with the infrared /convection/ conventional heat appliances.  Limited capacity basket means you have to cook in several runs or pile up the food and have to juggle and reset to get evenly cooked food. 

New Contributor

No, you are not the only one disappointed. When I set it next to my red Kitchen Aid Mixer, Food Processor and Coffee Maker, it definitely was a pale pinkish-red. Since I wanted it, I don't keep it out on the counter as I normally would. I hide it in a cabinet until I need to use it. I was VERY disappointed.

Honored Contributor

I mentioned in my review that the color was not a true red, but I'm happy with the food I've prepared in it. Luckily there are only two of us because the basket is not as big as I would have liked.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is my Red Air Fryer. What color does it look like to you? There's a glare on the pic from the windows. Looks red.

airfryer.jpg

Respected Contributor

so @Nightowlz, to me, yours is definitely a true red- do you think that somepeople got a different color than the one you got?

thanks for posting yours...

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

so @Nightowlz, to me, yours is definitely a true red- do you think that somepeople got a different color than the one you got?

I don't know. I bought 2 red ones. DH wanted one to take to work. They are both the same color.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Here is my Red Air Fryer. What color does it look like to you? There's a glare on the pic from the windows. Looks red.

airfryer.jpg

@Nightowlz

That looks like mine also.

Does it look like the rich, candy apple red of my Kitchen aid? No, it does not but it was never sold as a match to Kitchenaid, not that I ever heard anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I can say with certainty that some of us got a different color.  Nightowlz got a true red, but mine looks like it sat in direct sunlight for a couple of months and faded.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Peridot

Well, I'm sorry yours came pinkish-red, that stinks.

Mine doesn't match my Kitchen-aid but thats ok (I knew that), I still like it a lot.

I wouldn't like the color if it was pink though.

I ordered red as well, and mine looks exactly like yours....Christmas Red.  I would not have wanted a pinkish one if I had been expecting red.  I have only made french fries in mine, because I don't have any recipes for anything else.  I am excited about Meredith's cookbook when it comes out.