Super Contributor

Re: QVC food expiration dates

Contary to @Kachina624 , according to USDA and my science background, Freezing to 0 °F inactivates any microbes, bacteria, yeasts and molds present in food. Once thawed, however, these microbes can again become active, multiplying under the right conditions to levels that can lead to foodborne illness. Since they will then grow at about the same rate as microorganisms on fresh food, you must handle thawed items as you would any perishable food. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it true of the items you've purchased, but I have found expiration dates on the nutritional/cooking instruction label on the box before. Just don't remember what the item was.

Perhaps you could see if you could contact the vendor on Facebook and ask about the expiration.

Honored Contributor

When did you buy it and freeze it?

Respected Contributor

@sann wrote:

Frozen food can cause food poisoning, most commonly via Listeria .....a pathogen that can survive freezing.....

But then the bacteria is there before it's frozen.  Sitting in a well maintained freezer doesn't breed more bacteria.  Thaw and cook it carefully.  It's fine.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I JUST got today an order of some keto candy from HSN. The expected date was 1/16/23. So, imagine my surprise when I saw that both boxes had TOMORROW as the expiration date. HSN CS was really nice. Told me to do whatever I wanted with the boxes I got today and they would ship me put another order. If the same thing happens, then they will refund my money. She could not have apologized more. By the way, the candy wasn't good tasting and I don't think that had anything to do with the expiration date.

Oh no. Was it the No Sugar keto cups?  Mine should arrive tomorrow. 

It must have been! I just received mine today and they expire today. Wow. No wonder they were on sale.