Honored Contributor

Can you use frozen chicken I a slow cooker recipe ? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

You sure can. Just bring everything to temp at the same time and cook until the chicken is done. There are lots of good recipes out there using frozen chicken breasts.

Honored Contributor

I thaw in the microwave as the first step and make whatever.  Works fine!

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 sure can.i do it all the timcook on low for appr 6 hrs

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG    I agree, thaw first to cut down on cooking time and excess liquid for best quality results.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG    I agree, thaw first to cut down on cooking time and excess liquid for best quality results.

@Kachina624 

We always knock back the thaw time by .2 of a lb. 

It leaves the chicken just thawed; edges uncooked.

Honored Contributor

I thaw just about anything in a plastic bag in cold water.  I tend to mis-judge microwave times.  Alton Brown says use cold water, not hot or warm.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Not sure what you are making, but if it calls for pcs of chicken, I find it's actually easy to cut frozen chicken breast. Assuming it's boneless. Then just toss into the liquid and it should cook off just fine. Only caveat would be not tasting even the liquid until everything is to temp. If it's bone-in and frozen you can still use it, just plan for longer cooking time until everything reaches temp.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Not sure what you are making, but if it calls for pcs of chicken, I find it's actually easy to cut frozen chicken breast. Assuming it's boneless. Then just toss into the liquid and it should cook off just fine. Only caveat would be not tasting even the liquid until everything is to temp. If it's bone-in and frozen you can still use it, just plan for longer cooking time until everything reaches temp.

Thanks, I decided to thaw it first. Time isn't an issue, so I can do it tomorrow. I do chicken breasts with jarred salsa, black beans, corn , peppers ,and onions. I can serve this with rice or as quesadillas or enchiladas. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frozen Chicken Breasts

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Thanks, I decided to thaw it first. Time isn't an issue, so I can do it tomorrow. I do chicken breasts with jarred salsa, black beans, corn , peppers ,and onions. I can serve this with rice or as quesadillas or enchiladas. 

@QVCkitty1 

I have a similar recipe...day one is with rice and day 2 with tortillas. I use a boatload of cumin. It's easy and tasty.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."