Frequent Contributor

I found some Heartlad Fresh Chicken fried chicken and St.Clair chicken and dumplings in the freezer both in their original packaging. Nowhere could i find an expiration date. Everything you buy in the supermarket is dated. IDK how the Q sells these foods without a date. I called customer service and they didn't know anything about how long these products can be safely eaten.

I've had food poisoning and it was awful - I sure don't want it again.. Just hoping someone reads this who can possibly either give me information or contact the companies and ask them to stamp something on their packaging so we as consumers have an idea about how long these things are safe to eat,

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC food expiration dates

[ Edited ]

I would call the company and ask them where the expiration date is located.  If indeed there is no date marked, they ought to apologize and compensate you in some way, possibly by way of a coupon or free replacement.  That's what happened to me anyway (with a supermarket brand, not QVC); the company was very apologetic. 

Honored Contributor

Usually frozen food is good for a year.  Beyond that point it is not dangerous but the quality deteriorates.  Food poisoning occurs when bacteria grows in food.  This doesn't happen in frozen food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Frozen food can cause food poisoning, most commonly via Listeria .....a pathogen that can survive freezing.....

Trusted Contributor

I JUST got today an order of some keto candy from HSN. The expected date was 1/16/23. So, imagine my surprise when I saw that both boxes had TOMORROW as the expiration date. HSN CS was really nice. Told me to do whatever I wanted with the boxes I got today and they would ship me put another order. If the same thing happens, then they will refund my money. She could not have apologized more. By the way, the candy wasn't good tasting and I don't think that had anything to do with the expiration date.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kidznpupz - I order Heartland Fresh chicken breasts frequently, and I'm certain they have an expiration date on the bag; all of the HF chicken in my freezer is in FoodSaver bags at the moment, so I'm not able to check the original bag, but the accompanying gravy packets have dates stamped on them, so it would be surprising if the chicken weren't similarly labeled. I suggest checking the bag carefully—it may be small, but I think you'll find the information. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I JUST got today an order of some keto candy from HSN. The expected date was 1/16/23. So, imagine my surprise when I saw that both boxes had TOMORROW as the expiration date. HSN CS was really nice. Told me to do whatever I wanted with the boxes I got today and they would ship me put another order. If the same thing happens, then they will refund my money. She could not have apologized more. By the way, the candy wasn't good tasting and I don't think that had anything to do with the expiration date.

Oh no. Was it the No Sugar keto cups?  Mine should arrive tomorrow. 

Super Contributor

They usually say that Heartland Fresh is good for a year..maybe look and see when you bought it and go from there..

Respected Contributor

@kidznpupz   Are you either able to check your credit card account or have QVC check their records to at least see how far back you bought them so you have some kind of time frame on how long ago you bought them?  I know it's not the expiration date but at least you will know if they are already a year old, 2 years old, etc.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Super Contributor

@SloopJohnB  Anyone can check their account when they purchased an item under Order Status.