Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Inky Dinky Doo Q--A recipe from the 1990's QVC boards posted by Inky Dinky Doo!  I teased her and named it Inky Dinky Doo Q and it is wonderful.

She was a great lady, hope she is still around spreading joy and making bbq!  It's very good.  Use pork, beef, or a combo!

Inky Dinky Doo Barbecue

1½ lbs. beef stew meat (cut into bite size pieces)
1½ lbs. PORK LOIN roast (cut into bite size pieces)
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped green pepper
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
3 tsp. chili powder
¼ cup vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste

In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook one hour on high. Reduce heat to low and cook for 7 to 9 hours until meat is tender. Shred meat and serve on buns, with or without coleslaw.

@Sooner :  Sounds delicious but must admit my eyes glaze over is there are more than 2-3 ingredients LOL.

Honored Contributor

Now @Hoovermom you know that's not a LOT!  Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

I usually make mine similiar to the recipes that are posted.  But, last week, I was in our local grocery store and was looking through all the seasoning packets & spotted a packet of McCormicks Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork.  So, I thought I'd give it a try....We loved it.....All you have to do is add a few ingredients (ketchup, brown sugar & apple cider vinegar) with the contents of the packet and pour over your 3lb boneless pork roast...cover & cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on High...then shred. 

Valued Contributor

When I do a pork butt, which I did last weekend I make a rub first.  I mix brown sugar, paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub it on, wrap and refrigerate for a couple of days.  I put mine in a roasting pan, add a couple of quartered onions, 2 cans of soda (I have used root beer or cola) and oven roast at 400 degrees for about six hours.  I check at that point to see if done and it usually is.  

Last weekend I tried putting in my large pressure cooker, which also has a slow cooker setting and after 4 hours on slow cook it was barely warm so I transferred to the oven as I usually cook it. Maybe if was only a half it would have worked.