Honored Contributor

Barbacued  pulled pork ,for sandwiches ,easy, but good, no air fryer, but crock pot i do have.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

For me, the easiest way is to get a boneless pork loin, season it all over with a good pork dry rub, then stick it on the crockpot with a little water or chicken stock, maybe a cup or so,and let it go 6-8 hrs. on low until it pulls apart easily. Take the meat out of the pan and use two forks to shred it. Remove most of the liquid in the pan.  Put the meat back in and mix.  Add a little more juice if you think you need it, but don't make it too wet. Add your favorite sauce and mix it in.  Easy peasy 

Respected Contributor

I always buy a pork butt but not sure you are going to get a pork butt in your crock pot.

You could possibly have the grocery store butcher cut it in half for you...then it would fit.

I followed the Pioneer Woman's pulled pork recipe and honestly the taste was very good.

A oouple weeks ago I made a full butt and rubbed it with Traeger Pork poultry seasoning and smoked it for 10 hours, now that was delicious.

Any means of cooking, you need to cook it until the bone actually pulls out of the meat, anything less, it's not done.

To me a pork loin will not give you the Pulled effect and its more solid of a meat.  A butt is the optimal piece of meat for pulled pork.

Honored Contributor

You can also roast covered in the oven low and slow; 325 for 5-6 hours.   

I put my seasoned cut of pork, usually loin or butt in a covered Dutch oven, add my liquid which might be beef broth or Dr Pepper, with an onion quartered, sometimes a chipotle pepper and let it go.  Meat will fall apart easily.   

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling i always use a pork butt and always put in my 6 qt crockpot on low for 7 or 8 hrs.after i shredd,i pour a can of dr pepper and bbq sauce and a little brown sugar.so darn tasty

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam    When you have all that liquid plus what comes out of the meat, isn't the "sauce" very watery? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  no,not watery.my butt roast is usually around 4 or 5 pounds so all that meats soaks up liquid.also,I never use a entire bottle of bbq sauce,but always a whole can of pop.if I have a onion on hhand,hand, cut that up and cook with roast

Respected Contributor

Re: Pulled pork recipe

[ Edited ]

Alternative way  to  make pulled pork BBQ..............

Buy a McCormick seasoning packet for "Slow Cooker Pulled Pork", which I have used many times in a LeCreuset dutch oven in a low-heat oven,  instead of a slow cooker.

The seasoning packet calls for adding some brown sugar, cider vinegar and ketchup.

Have used this on very lean pork tenderloin and pork loin, and it's OK, but true pulled pork requires much fattier  pork butt.

When using the very lean cuts of pork, it helps to add a little bottled BBQ sauce-of-choice  after shredding the cooked meat  or when serving or reheating leftovers.

Many recipes for pulled pork butt can be found online that use root beer, Coca Cola and other soft drinks.  Those are very good, too.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Just Bling i always use a pork butt and always put in my 6 qt crockpot on low for 7 or 8 hrs.after i shredd,i pour a can of dr pepper and bbq sauce and a little brown sugar.so darn tasty

The OP didn't say how large of crock pot she had, last butt I bought was 8# and that wouldn't fit in my large crock pot.
@goldensrbest 
You can also use a bone in pork sirloin roast.  I've made pulled pork from that roast and made it in the crock pot.  Usually those roast are 3-4# so 6 hours the bone comes out clean.  You want pork you can shread so you need fat.
Honored Contributor

Inky Dinky Doo Q--A recipe from the 1990's QVC boards posted by Inky Dinky Doo!  I teased her and named it Inky Dinky Doo Q and it is wonderful.

She was a great lady, hope she is still around spreading joy and making bbq!  It's very good.  Use pork, beef, or a combo!

Inky Dinky Doo Barbecue

1½ lbs. beef stew meat (cut into bite size pieces)
1½ lbs. PORK LOIN roast (cut into bite size pieces)
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped green pepper
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
3 tsp. chili powder
¼ cup vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste

In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook one hour on high. Reduce heat to low and cook for 7 to 9 hours until meat is tender. Shred meat and serve on buns, with or without coleslaw.