Respected Contributor
Was anyone else taken aback by the price of cod fillets during Gourmet Holiday ? It was priced at $111.62 as a featured price !! 10 fillets weighing 3.75 pounds is nearly $29.75 a pound. I couldnt believe the high cost. I had to tune it off. rick was in his sell mode claiming it was a good value "could you imagine cleaning and breading cod yourself" Yet another instance of hosts being out of touch with those of us navigating the pandemic and difficult times.
Honored Contributor

@Reever You know by now that the hosts have a script they have to follow.

Don't blame them.

Honored Contributor

@Reever  Yes it's expensive but it is also a convenience for some. I'm wondering what you think the hosts should say when they are selling this product?

Honored Contributor

Not really. That's pretty typical pricing for food on QVC. 

Occasional Contributor

I am on a budget I couldn't afford that! I actually have to pay my essential bills first! That's why I shop at the grocery store!

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen any reasonable pricing on food at all on QVC.  I see some things I would like to try and then look at the prices- yikes!  I am sure some of it is good, but I doubt any of it is that much better than what I could get locally.  

Honored Contributor

The price of food sold in any convenience form does not surprise me.  

If you  are looking to save money. Go to the market, buy whatever you want,, haul it home and prepare it to your liking.

If you want somone to package your food for your freezer in individual portions, after seasoning iy send it to you and provide instructions on how to prepare it, you're going to pay for that.

There are two choices...pay up or not.

As with most people I know, I worked all of my life.  I will spend my money the way I see fit on anything I want to.

The pandemic has not hurt my bottom line and I am not having financial problems.

Reever, stop pushing your lifestyle choices on others.  Maybe YOU are out of touch.  If you aren't interested in buying something...just move on.

We all have different means and we each can decided for ourselves what that is and how to spend our money.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever   Complain, complain complain.....  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cod $29 a pound !?!?

[ Edited ]

Today at Butcher Box  wild caught cod

(on sale 20% off)    2#    $16

Honored Contributor

Re: Cod $29 a pound !?!?

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Today at Butcher Box  wild caught cod

(on sale 20% off)    2#    $16

@Mary Bailey  Yes, most all their food can be found other places for less money. People use QVC for convenience and some are not able to leave their homes.