Honored Contributor

Do they say where this fish is from?  Where it is processed?  If it is from Asia it is sky high. 

If it is caught and processed in USA waters, frozen and shipped directly to you, it will be expensive.  But if you order like 8 or 10 pounds in individual portions, flash frozen, caught and packed USA it might be around that price.

But if it is from Asia, yes it sure is a rip off. 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Was anyone else taken aback by the price of cod fillets during Gourmet Holiday ? It was priced at $111.62 as a featured price !! 10 fillets weighing 3.75 pounds is nearly $29.75 a pound. I couldnt believe the high cost. I had to tune it off. rick was in his sell mode claiming it was a good value "could you imagine cleaning and breading cod yourself" Yet another instance of hosts being out of touch with those of us navigating the pandemic and difficult times.

If these shows were not successful, from a monetary standpoint, there is no way QVC would devote so many hours to them. The hosts are not out of touch....they are simply doing their jobs. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cod $29 a pound !?!?

[ Edited ]

@HLP wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Today at Butcher Box  wild caught cod

(on sale 20% off)    2#    $16

@Mary Bailey  Yes, most all their food can be found other places for less money. People use QVC for convenience as

Butcher Box is very convenient

@Mary Bailey  I'm not familiar Butcher Box. Is it a store or by mail?

Don't have that in our town. I don't walk or drive ,how convient is that for me.? QVC brings it to my front door, thats what convience is.

There are many other retailers who deliver to your front door with better prices. QVC food prices are BEYOND ridiculous - major rip-off.