Regular Contributor

Re: Price Honeybell Auto Delivery

The end result is QVC can change the amount charged for your auto delivery with NO notification to the customer. I emailed this was a poor business practice and to forward my emails to the president of QVC.

I have now cancelled most of my auto delivery orders.

Super Contributor

Is QVC the only place you can buy these? Are they called something else at the local supermarket?

Contributor

On 1/15/2015 kahootz said:

Is QVC the only place you can buy these? Are they called something else at the local supermarket?

In Florida, we get them at the stores that sell citrus. Supermarkets don't carry honey bells. (Mineola tangelos look similar, but don't taste the same). Some specialty produce stores might carry honey bells. Also, various citrus growers in Florida sell and ship them to most states.

Honey bells are yummy! We look forward to January! I sometimes by them by the bushel and squeeze and freeze the juice. It is always a welcome surprise to thaw out the juice in the middle of the summer, and enjoy the taste of a honey bell! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 wendy1960 said:

In Florida, we get them at the stores that sell citrus. Supermarkets don't carry honey bells. (Mineola tangelos look similar, but don't taste the same). Some specialty produce stores might carry honey bells. Also, various citrus growers in Florida sell and ship them to most states.

Honey bells are yummy! We look forward to January! I sometimes by them by the bushel and squeeze and freeze the juice. It is always a welcome surprise to thaw out the juice in the middle of the summer, and enjoy the taste of a honey bell! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Okay thanks. I live on the West Coast and have seen something similar - I think they are called Cuties but didn't think they were the same thing. I just wish I could buy a few at the local grocery store.

Contributor

Okay thanks. I live on the West Coast and have seen something similar - I think they are called Cuties but didn't think they were the same thing. I just wish I could buy a few at the local grocery store.

Here in Florida, Cuties are brand name for a Clementine or mandarin orange. The honey bell is much different. The honey bells tend to be larger in size, and are very juicy! I suggest that when you have the opportunity, you should try the Honey bell! : )

Super Contributor

Here in Florida, Cuties are brand name for a Clementine or mandarin orange. The honey bell is much different. The honey bells tend to be larger in size, and are very juicy! I suggest that when you have the opportunity, you should try the Honey bell! : )

I just googled HoneyBell oranges and notice Harry and David carries them. I have a Harry and David store nearby. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they have them. I was able to buy pears from them a few months ago, so maybe I'll be in luck! For some reason I just don't want to order online.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies,

I am back.Smile

I just got an email from the Q crediting my account for $39.00. I have always been a something is right or something is wrong kind of person and this issue in the beginning was just handled wrong.

Happy it is resolved and it was fun meeting all of you.Smile

Honored Contributor

That's good news, thank you for the update. So I guess the original information from CS - that Corporate wouldn't credit your account - was just a misunderstanding?

Regular Contributor

Hi ValuSkr,

No, original info from CS was not a misunderstanding, many excuses why the $39 difference but not a misunderstanding.

It took 3 phone calls over the last week to CS including one with a supervisor and 8 or 9 emails today. My last email said to send all of the emails to the President of QVC.

Shoppers at QVC know what auto delivery means and for QVC to charge a different amount for an auto delivery item without notification was a very bad business decision. I sure hope they have changed their policy.

You must be a West Coast lady as you are up late like me.Smile

Take care,

Mocha

Respected Contributor

That's great it was resolved for you.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*