Respected Contributor

I haven't served these in years but my grandsons requested them for Christmas Eve. I can't remember what I used for a dipping sauce. Maybe mustard. Any other ideas from you girls.

Honored Contributor

Mustard of course

everybody loves these

Honored Contributor

I remember this from when I was a kid but we didn't dip it in anything.

We just had those Pillsbury croissants - I would break them apart and take a hot dog, cut it open, slide a piece of cheese into the slit, and then wrap it in the croissant dough and bake.

Of course, that was a hundred years ago as I haven't had a notion to eat a hot dog for eons now. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Shame on me for saying this, being a Chicago girl, but....ketchup!

Super Contributor

I like a hot and spicy mustard with my sausage rolls, but if you don't like hot then any mustard would do. A honey Dijon or stone ground mustard or just plain yellow mustard. Also like JLF said, ketchup with the pigs in a blanket is good. Why not do an assortment of dipping sauces for variety. Serve some BBQ sauce, and make a honey-mustard sauce. Maybe do a melted cheese dipping sauce, or a pickle relish type sauce. Anything that goes good on top of a hot dog would work for the little piggies too.

Super Contributor
On 12/19/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Shame on me for saying this, being a Chicago girl, but....ketchup!

Yup I'm with you...ketchup.
Honored Contributor

It's nothing but mustard at this house lol.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Personally, I think BBQ sauce sounds good!!

Respected Contributor
I've never seen Pillsbury croissant dough, mentioned in post #2. Will have to look for it. I suppose it's richer than the regular crescent dough, right?
Honored Contributor

I just saw a recipe for Pigs In A Blanket that featured pizza sauce for dipping. I'd assume a lot of young guys would like that.

You can buy pizza sauce ready made in a jar. My guess is that it would be in supermarkets near the jars of spaghetti sauce.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices