Honored Contributor

Love the grill, but, those reflectors on the sides are a pain to clean. Can't use a scotch brite will scratch. I bought bartenders soft cleanser doesn't do a real good job. I read online about a ceremic glass scraper, but, not crazy about using razor blade tool on my electric stove or this pricey grill or run the risk of cutting myself.

The Philips booklet is not really helpful. Just talks about a sponge and rubbing a lemon. LOL that sure didn't do squat.

I spray the reflectors before use with oil spray , helps a little

Wonder if a car chrome cleaner would work ?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE ~ I think the problem is that you sprayed the reflectors with oil, and the oil got baked on.  I would 'google' and ask what will help to get it clean.

Valued Contributor

i guess it will work 

Honored Contributor

If they are easily removed I would pop them in the diswasher

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Since these units are so expensive maybe you can call CS and ask them for a safe way to clean.  Might be worth the time to talk to someone.  Happy grilling

Honored Contributor

Not removable.

I sprayed the reflectors because it makes them more cleanable. Stuff doesn't stick as bad.

I've watched you tube videos. They tell you in the literature do not use scotch brites scractchers here's this fool using the heavy dute scratcher on a unit he got from the Goodwill.

I've learned lots use glass cooktop scaper too. Gonna buy one today.

Respected Contributor

Philips now has a rotisserie attachment for this grill.  The pox upon them for not offering it as a separate purchase.  You would have to buy the entire unit and pay more than (imo) the attachment is worth.  I've seen it only at Williams Sonoma.

Maybe it will be offered separately later on.

Sharke, let us know how the scraper works for you.

Honored Contributor

My husband is not for it, he thinks it would scratch the heck out of it. I bought some glass cleaner in a foamy spray can at walmart that cleans some of it.

Before I turn it on I rub veg oil light coating on it now. Then, after using it, let it cool down and the middle of it looks good with the foamy glass cleaner the edges of it still has brown specks.

Be a great machine if Philips had gave more thought to the cleaning of the thing. Guess as long as it reflects that orange red light thru the stains it's just a cosmetic thing

I stand to the side of it to tend to the food you can't look straight down into the grill like the pit of h*ll it's so red. Stand to the side of it

Honored Contributor

Was in Bed and Bath Mon and they didn't have a scraper to look at, but, man there ordered me their cereabite kit something to do with ceremic polish and comes with a scraper. 

I had forgot my coupon, he waived that and gave me free shp to boot direct to home. So, will try that and see if that does the job on the PHilips grill

They have great customer service