Trusted Contributor

Enjoyed Mary Beth With Martha in her food show

I usually do not watch the food shows but just happened to tape a show with Martha Stewart to see what she was bringing to the Q.  Mary Beth was host and I thought the duo worked out spendidly together.  MB is always so nice anyway and Martha seemed to be talking more and reacting to her nicely.  I enjoyed the show and the food did look scrumptious although I did not buy this time.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Enjoyed Mary Beth With Martha in her food show

They are a couple of pros !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Agree!!! They were totally refreshing & so comfortable in their "element"!  I watched the show and thought at the end when Martha thanked MaryBeth that was "priceless"!  

I have always enjoyed when Mary Beth was hosting the kitchen shows & I enjoyed Mary doing the kitchen finale last night!

Respected Contributor

Mary Beth shines the spotlight on the guest - and doesn't compete with him or her.  there are no control issues - sometimes i feel like some hosts are so anxious to control everything that tension is evident.  it is relaxed with Mary Beth - and the guests respond positively.  she has that kind of personality.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could watch Martha Stewart in the kitchen - all day. I miss those cooking shows she had with her mother. MaryBeth is always fun to watch --- very professional and she talks slowly.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I could watch Martha Stewart in the kitchen - all day. I miss those cooking shows she had with her mother. MaryBeth is always fun to watch --- very professional and she talks slowly.

@kivah  I loved those Martha shows too!  Martha is a wonderful teacher.  She really takes a mindful view of anything she does, and her perfectionism is funny sometimes, but she trys hard to do something right.

Mary Beth is wonderful and both are polite and not hyper people, so of course that's a good fit.  I'd like to see them do a home-type show, talking and then doing projects and cooking segments.  Wouldn't that be great?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner

Martha said that she inherited her perfectionism from her father -- and her mother, also named Martha, was a school teacher. MaryBeth and Martha should do shows together - they could call themselves M&M. I would definitely watch those shows.

Honored Contributor

Wish Martha would loosen up a little bit.

Uptight

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Wish Martha would loosen up a little bit.

Uptight

i would call her "reserved" - which is signature Martha.  

Esteemed Contributor

Gee   I don't know how Martha could have been any loose-er while standing up in front of 100 million people on TV......(wink)    she never stopped eating - nibble nibble - and drinking her wine.   That wine testing with David earlier - just laid her back for MB.  LOL