Honored Contributor

Re: Paula Deen has a new show

I checked Paula's show out on Evine today and the products look really good, but the prices are more than I'm willing to pay. Paula does not look healthy and she was sampling everything they presented. Paula made the comment that she would rather eat a little bit of something she really liked and be satisfied, than eat a whole bucket of something that was low fat and sugar. I don't think Paula has come to terms with her diabetes and she certainly isn't being honest with others who have diabetes. Hopefully, other diabetics have more sense and of course they are not trying to make money off these high calorie, high fat and sugar products.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 hopi said:
On 3/24/2015 Kachina624 said: She's going to sell dog food too. I'm sure she'll put her spin on it and tell us how much she adores animals, ignoring the Smithfield fiasco.

Kachina

Q ignored it.

Sea World is cruel to endagered whales

and millions pay togo to see them every year

Hopi, You're right. QVC was just as guilty, or more so, than Paula. I heard something last week about Sea World cutting back on the Orcas. But what to do with a whale that can't feed itself?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

It was good to see an old friend ( a term QVC use to use before they turned their back on her) and there is some irony in seeing her on EVINE but more on that later. What a person may or may not have said in the past ( still not confirmed) should not be used against that person if so everything we all say that may be offensive to others should be the same as what Paula Deen went though.

Since that time I have cancelled my QVC membership and all ties to QVC only visited this site to keep up to date on common views.

Paula Deen looked great and I can not wait for more appearances now for the irony back in the late 1980's QVC bought a network called CVN ( Marybeth Roe, Judy Crowell and a few others were hired from CVN to QVC) Over the years the former owners of CVN now Evine have stated up a shopping channel and what better way for Paula Deen to say to QVC thank you I am back and now stronger than ever, revenge is sweet.

Honored Contributor

I was awake way more than I wanted to be, during the night, and saw quite a bit of the products for today - both her stuff and that of other vendors.

The biggest two things I took away was that absolutely NOTHING from any of the vendors was appealing AND the prices on food items are shockingly high. People who complain about the food prices on QVC need to check out the food items on this channel today.

Not a PD fan, so I wouldn't purchase any of her stuff anyway, but I was surprised that nothing else I saw was appealing, like AT ALL, either.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 SteveQVC said:

It was good to see an old friend ( a term QVC use to use before they turned their back on her) and there is some irony in seeing her on EVINE but more on that later. What a person may or may not have said in the past ( still not confirmed) should not be used against that person if so everything we all say that may be offensive to others should be the same as what Paula Deen went though.

Since that time I have cancelled my QVC membership and all ties to QVC only visited this site to keep up to date on common views.

Paula Deen looked great and I can not wait for more appearances now for the irony back in the late 1980's QVC bought a network called CVN ( Marybeth Roe, Judy Crowell and a few others were hired from CVN to QVC) Over the years the former owners of CVN now Evine have stated up a shopping channel and what better way for Paula Deen to say to QVC thank you I am back and now stronger than ever, revenge is sweet.

Some people are just too single-minded to "get" what the Paula Deen flap was about.. It was not about a word she used 20 years ago. It had to do with the disgustingly discriminatory personnel policies and practices she employed in her restaurants. Did people who defend her bother to read the charges against her? Her business sense was archaic but to this day, I'm sure she'd swear she didn't do anything wrong.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 baker said:

Paula made the comment that she would rather eat a little bit of something she really liked and be satisfied, than eat a whole bucket of something that was low fat and sugar. I don't think Paula has come to terms with her diabetes and she certainly isn't being honest with others who have diabetes. Hopefully, other diabetics have more sense and of course they are not trying to make money off these high calorie, high fat and sugar products.

Actually, diabetics are now told they can safely incorporate foods with sugar and fats into their daily diet... as long as they account for it and work it into their meal plan.
It is all about checks and balances - this info came from a licensed medical dietician.
Not being rude - just trying to educate.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know what time she will be on ? ( Paula Deen) Thank you for your answer.

Valued Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Yammy25 said:

Does anyone know what time she will be on ? ( Paula Deen) Thank you for your answer.

NOW
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/25/2015 BeckiWV said:
On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/25/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 3/25/2015 Shelbelle said:

She is selling a pound of 4 Chocolate flavored Butter sticks, $7 per stick.

That sounds delicious - not! Chocolate-covered butter sticks?

I saw them at the Landies store...I think it's just sticks of semi-soft chocolate...like the filling that they put in truffles.

Oh thank you, I was trying to wrap my head around chocolate butter, LOL, although I guess it takes a lot of butter to make fudge. I would try a bite! Smiley Happy

Fudge is the PERFECT description!

I think you are right, just sticks of chocolate with packaging made to look like butter.

Super Contributor

Good for her! She deserves a second chance, just like everyone else!