Valued Contributor

Does anyone here have the Masterbuilt Patio grill?

I don't grill and this is the first grill and I don't know how to use it. I want to cook a couple of chicken breasts and not sure where I set the control. I would think medium. If anyone can help I would sure appreciated it. I've had the grill put together for over two weeks and havent used it yet. Wish they would have included some recipes.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone here have the Masterbuilt Patio grill?

Jump in and try it! I love mine! Go ahead and start it on medium and just watch how things cook. The good thing about this grill is that you have the ability to increase or decrease the heat as needed. Truthfully, I cook most things on a medium heat and just keep an eye out for when everything is done. It's so much quicker than using charcoal and the foods still taste grilled. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Personally, I'd put it on high and let it get good and hot before adding the chicken. I have only used ours one time, but I notice that each time the lid is lifted, the heat loss is significant according to the thermometer on the lid. Try to leave the lid closed as much as you can. Like Anniebear said, just jump in and try it!

Honored Contributor

i used mine last night in the garage to grill marinated chicken breast. i set it all the way up on high, but it was pretty cold yesterday and that does affect how high the temperature will go on the grill. it is so easy and it tastes great. one of my best qvc purchases from last year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If you are talking about the electric, I have it. Cook it as you would on any grill. since chicken takes longer to cook, depending on the thickness, I would begin at medium low. If it begins to char too quickly, turn it down. Maybe google has specific instructions.

Honored Contributor

i do agree with sarah also......each time you open the lid a lot of the heat escapes, so try not to do it too often.

there are "recommended" cooking times in the user booklet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Good to know as my husband just put ours together yesterday and we haven't used it yet!!!!

Honored Contributor

This is my third Masterbuilt grill (first one I wore out, second one I gave away (big mistake, bought a Charbroil but was extremely disappointed with its performance) and now this one) . . . I have to say this is by far the best one of the three. I live outside of Chicago so depending on the weather would depend on whether I could use the grill or not. I used to have to wait until the weather was in 70's and sunny but we had one nice day (in the low 60's) and this version performed way better. I was stunned at how well and how quickly it cooked a bison burger and a bone in chicken thigh. I had it turned up to high (like I normally did with previous grills) but now with this version I may experiment and see if I can cook things at a slightly lower heat. I love this grill and was so glad to see it as a TSV!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I cooked chicken breasts last night. started on med and then went to high when they were almost done to get them brown and a little crispy, they were really good. Tonight I'm cooking steak,

I didnt get a user booklet, that would have really helped. Everyone really seems to like this grill so I think it's going to be great. I just need to work with it.

Esteemed Contributor

This is by far the BEST grill that I have ever owned .... I have three of them .... I have a summer home on the beach in New Jersey and a winter home in New York ... two of the grills are at the summer home & one is at the winter home .... an electric grill is so much better because you don't have to buy gas or charcoal ..... just plug it in and it's ready to go ..... I can't say enough good things about this grill!!