Contributor

Re: Paula Deen has a new show

omg, is she drunk ? she just took a tissue out of her pocket and blew her nose.how elegant. she is so loud

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 MORGAN said:

omg, is she drunk ? she just took a tissue out of her pocket and blew her nose.how elegant. she is so loud

I am watching now and also watched the first show this morning. She announced that she had allergies and has been sniffing and wiping.

Did anyone hear the comment she made this morning to Daniel Green about giving him a whipping with his pants pulled down?

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Just watched it. Not good. She appeared to be very nervous.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Orange, I understand stand what you mean about checks and balances of sugars and fats for diabetics, I live with one. What I am saying is Paula is a diabetic and most of the foods she is presenting is not a good choice for people who are trying to stay healthy, let alone a diabetic. I don't know any diabetic who could stand up hour after hour on a TV show and sample all those foods and not have problems with their blood sugar.

Super Contributor

Gotcha baker - just trying to let people know diabetics aren't like an alien race. They get cravings too and it is ok to have things in MODERATION. I think that was the point - not a big bucket full but a little bit. I also agree that a lot of food on these shopping channels are not very healthy for anyone! LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Tique said:

Did anyone hear the comment she made this morning to Daniel Green about giving him a whipping with his pants pulled down?

Now that would be ""must see"" TV! LOL

Respected Contributor

When I was flipping channels earlier this evening, she was on kneading some sort of dough (bread... biscuits?) with several big honkin' diamond looking rings on fingers on both hands. For some reason, it just grossed me out, thinking of what might be on the rings getting into the dough or the dough getting into the prongs & settings of those rings!

blech!

Respected Contributor

I was very surprised that Evine picked her up after all of the bad press she has received over the past year or so. Really makes me question the ethics of Evine. I won't be ordering.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Contributor

I watched part of the cheese/sausage presentation and when she said she just loved to 'su ck, su ck, su ck the cheese out of them' and then proceeded to pick one up and do it, I felt for the poor man with her who had been delicately cutting the end off each sausage so she could try a bite and she picked up the entire length......nope, the lady hasn't changed. I did not think she looked well and she had on the strangest pair of glasses that were not like she used to wear and were not complimentary to her, and her hair/wig was a lot different as well. Maybe she has been coached to come across different than she used to on Q where she laughed a lot, was loud and was just herself...well, she forgot that coaching when she picked up that sausage to get the cheese out of it!

I don't wish anyone illwill on getting another chance, but those overpriced items on Evine might not be it for her.

I watched Todd English on his Evine debut several weeks ago and he was nervous and nothing like he used to be on HSN. He was always quiet, but he looked almost scary on Evine.