Honored Contributor

good thread

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina, yes, they are all raw, frozen ingredients (except for the banana).  Makes it nice and cold, and blends to a creamy consistency, in a little Ninja I have.  It's surprisingly tasty and very filling.  I just throw stuff in - based on experience I know what I like.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Re: No More Fruit!

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina

Tofu sandwich.  On whole grain bread.  Plain, no spread. Delicious and healthy.  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

YUMMY!  And minimal prep!   I love cukes, hummus, tuna, tomatoes & avocados.  Unfortunately, I can rarely FIND edible avocados.

The stores around here sell them when they're hard as rocks.  Takes at least two weeks to ripen .. or they just rot.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RinaRina,

I buy several avocados and put a couple of them into a brown paper bag and leave on the counter.  This speeds the ripening. I put the rest into the fridge.  I take them out and put them into the brown bag as I need them.  Still takes a while but less time than normal. Just keep an eye on them for ripening.  I haven't bought any avocados lately as the price has quadrupled where I live.  I normally eat one per day but haven't lately.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

How about veggies with hummus? I LOVE cucumbers and hummus. And if carbs don't freak you out, cut up some naan to eat with it. Tuna in  tomatoes  is good too, or on crackers  or make  mini pizzas on triscuit crackers.  Avocados on toast is yummy. How about deli turky spread with cr cheese wrapped around a dill pickle. Hard boiled eggs are good too. Just watch the amounts you eat. 

=====================

YUMMY!  And minimal prep!   I love cukes, hummus, tuna, tomatoes & avocados.  Unfortunately, I can rarely FIND edible avocados.

The stores around here sell them when they're hard as rocks.  Takes at least two weeks to ripen .. or they just rot.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Avocados can go from ready to rotten within 5 minutes!

Honored Contributor

bananas are the worst . I buy green as grass , and, next day their brown

quit buying raspberries expensive then they're all mushy. I hate mushy fruit

Esteemed Contributor

I love how everyone eats so healthy.  While I like a good salad (and I usually add some fruit to the salad), sometimes I just need a good black and white milkshake to go with my salad.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@software wrote:

Fruit is not that good for you anyway unless you pair it with protein.

As a PSA for everyone reading,

Fruit, by itself, IS good for everyone!

Full of fiber, vitamins, minerals.

Mother Nature never would design fruit that has to be

mixed with something else to be considered healthy.  

🍏🍎🍐🍊🍓🍇🍉🍌🍒🍑🍍🥝

Wrong again.

Fruit by itself is NOT good for everyone.

People with diabetes should watch their fruit intake and what kinds of fruit. 

My mom has a chronic bladder problem in which most fruits are problematic, and even the few she can have must be in small amounts. 

People with Crohn's have to worry about triggering a flare with fruits. In fact, their list of best tolerated foods contain almost no fruits.

And on it goes. 

So a PSA for those who might rely on some random post on a community board that any given thing is right/healthy for everyone.....it indeed is not.