Esteemed Contributor

Re: No Imagination - Need Ideas

Thank you for so many ideas!  And, good to know I can freeze it, too!

Now I'm getting hungry thinking of all the goodies!

Honored Contributor

I actually bought sour cream and cream cheese to make some chicken dish that was on here several weeks ago.  Those cartons have been sitting in the frig because I can't find the recipe.  I'm going for the dip now, anything with salsa is right up my alley.  In fact, maybe I'll just bake the chicken in that.  

Honored Contributor

I found one:

Layered Shrimp Dip

1,  8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 C. sour cream

1 C. cocktail sauce

12 oz. baby shrimp

3/4 C. chopped tomatoes

2C. shredded cheese. 

2 T. fried and crumbled bacon

Mix cream cheese and sour cream together and spread on plate.  Spread cocktail sauce on top.  Layer on shrimp, tomatoes, and cheese.  Sprinkle bacon on top.  You can substitute any cold cooked shrimp for baby shrimp.  Cut them to the desired size. Serve with crackers   8-10 servings.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I actually bought sour cream and cream cheese to make some chicken dish that was on here several weeks ago.  Those cartons have been sitting in the frig because I can't find the recipe.  I'm going for the dip now, anything with salsa is right up my alley.  In fact, maybe I'll just bake the chicken in that.  

I use to do that.  I have to write it down and magnet it to the fridge so I can find the recipe once I get the stuff home.  It's such a bummer when that happens.

Honored Contributor

Sour cream pound cake (adding some nuts and a little bourbon are not a bad thing either); sour cream in a salad dressing.

Cream cheese and cherry pie! MY favorite Christmas (or any time) dessert.  It has Eagle Brand milk and is in a grahamcracker crust and uses pie topping ontop of it.!