Esteemed Contributor

Does Anyone Have the GZ Mandolin?

I recorded ITKWD yesterday and DD and I watched last evening.  I saw the Geoffrey Zakarian mandolin demo.  Of course, since I had recorded the show they had sold like hot cakes.  The only color was sage which was fine, I'm not worried about something only we will see when in use and then goes in a drawer.

Does anyone have it and do you like it?

I also ordered the LocknLock Spice thingies. 

I talked myself out of the salt and pepper grinders that were new.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have the GZ Mandolin?

I do not own it . It looks like a better idea than original mandolines. I have a mandoline that I purchased from HSN that has stayed sharper than many purchased in the past . Sharpness being a blessing & a curse for ms.clumsy. I bought a glove  when using it that is resistant to accidents . This has saved my fingers.

But I may splurge when these are back in stock. I will be following it's reviews. It certainly is a 'better mousetrap ' , isn't it ?

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  It does seem to be better than the one I have now.

Hope it lives up to the hype.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered it yesterday too.  Hope it works as well as it does in the demos.  I had a nice one from QVC years ago.  Inexpensive and worked so well.  One day I decided I didn't have room for it (it was small) so I donated it.    Regret it since I bought others after and had to return them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This looks to be the DASH Safe Slice mandoline, available at BBB ($40), Sur la Table ($50), and on Amazon in aqua, grey, or green ($40).

ETA those sites probably have helpful reviews.

I have a Progressive mandoline and a cut-proof glove.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have this and I like it very much insofar as I've used it to do simple slicing.  It works exactly as shown, is easy to clean and store.  I need to take the time to learn to put it through its paces but I'm usually in a rush rather than play with it.  That said, it is great when you are in a rush!  

Honored Contributor

At first glance I thought the thread title said 'CZ Mandoline' and I was thinking 'well, that's a bit much'.   Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy   I like GZ and what I've seen of his products it seems like they are pretty good quality.

Carry on.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I have the Mandolin, and my husband uses  it all the time, he thinks it works great

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - In case you're interested, there was another thread about this product a few months ago: https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/New-Mandoline-is-Interesting/m-p/5984987/highlight/true#M204896

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered Dash Safe Slicer from Amazon for $40.  I'm designated "chopper" in our kitchen and I'm always afraid of slicing myself (hasn't happened yet) so I NEED this.  It'll be here in two days.