Trusted Contributor

This monster of a machine is big, bulky and heavy  and looks like it takes up a ton of space on the kitchen counter.  It's also ugly.  I will easily pass on this one.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja Foodie

[ Edited ]

For those who wanted white it's back in stock now !

Still on FREE shp.

Super Contributor

Every time I see this type of cooker with veggies on the bottom and fish on a rack on the top, I just can't help but wonder if the veggies won't taste like fish. Sames goes with other combos. Don't the juices from whatever meat, poultry or fish that is on the rack on top just drip down on that bottom layer?  Having my potatoes or broccoli taste like like fish or chicken is a  total turn off.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I agree.

One thing I've started doing since I have pressure cookers, Instant Pots, 2 ninja Foodi's is don't boil potatoes any more on the stove and create all that steam heat.

I can have potatoes ready to mash in 5-6 minutes soon as you conquer the learning curve for the perfect potato doneness to mash.

No more hot steam in house and evaporation falling down on your stove top from the overhead grill that has your lights in it.

Respected Contributor

@WildDunes I agree on the dual cooking. That turns me off. I remember that from the Nuwave oven. And also how did the potatoes mash them selves in the demo.?

Honored Contributor

I remember when Tupperware had those stack things that you cooked meals in layers in the microwave!  In the 1980's probably?  That sounded so great but was more of a mess than anything.

We have 2 rice cookers too like another poster.  They make great rice and you can walk away or delay the start and they will hold the rice or oatmeal after it is cooked.  They were a wonderful thing when we worked.

To me that's the big thing--I don't have to stand over something to be there the minute the food is cooked.  I have a teapot that makes tea and doesn't overbrew (my biggest luxury item!).

I only keep the coffee/espresso maker and mixer on the countertop, so other things have to be light weight. 

We use the oven a lot and don't have a toaster oven.  We just aren't into fried food, so the air fryer is not used often.

But if one of these appliances really fits how you cook then they are wonderful!  It's mostly the freedom to not have to stand over something and watch the time.  If you get called away, nothing burns or scorches!  

Or like our friend @SharkE she loves her appliances and I will say it is a far safer hobby than rock climbing or something and I'm sure she is a great cook!  So for her and many of us they are fun to use as well as a convenience.

We love our bread machines and can't wait to see the finished loaf!  It's always exciting to get that hot beautiful loaf of bread out!   

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@WildDunes I agree on the dual cooking. That turns me off. I remember that from the Nuwave oven. And also how did the potatoes mash them selves in the demo.?

I was thinking about that yesterday.  One reason I don't care for using a slow cooker for both mean and veggies is it all ends up tasting the same.  So, when I saw steaks on top of mashed potatoes I was wondering didn't the fat from the steak drip down on the potatoes, and then the question about how they got mashed.  I drain mine before mashing them, and since I take them out of the pot to drain them, I see no reason to put them back in there to have the meat drip on them.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLouOh, that's the new one that hasn't been released to the public just yet.  Will be available once everyone has this model.  I believe the release date is during the "Christmas in July" extravaganza!!!

I'm kidding, people!!!

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLouOh, that's the new one that hasn't been released to the public just yet.  Will be available once everyone has this model.  I believe the release date is during the "Christmas in July" extravaganza!!!

I'm kidding, people!!!

It will have an attachable arm than spins on a center nub spindle.  It mashes potatoes, stirs browning ground meats, and sautes vegetables while maintaining the flavors of layered meals, yet will combine ingredients in soups and casseroles all at adjustable heights to leave no lumps, all evently cooked.  Notice the silicone edge that brings up every bit from the bottom for no waste of flavor and our brand new model comes in additional new colors.  Opptional, a pull-out tray/stand.  No more lifting.  Disclaimer: Once in place, may not fit under all cabinets.  Measure first.

Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Question please.....

can you reheat food in the Foodi?    I don't cook much but when I do it's for a couple of days; maybe more.   I'd love to reheat without using the oven or microwave.