Respected Contributor

The more bells and whistles, the more to go wrong. I have no luck with toasters/toaster ovens. I use the toasting function the most and after a year or so, it takes forever for my english muffin to toast-probably 7 or 8 minutes. I thought it was because I bought less expensive oven. Last time I bought a Kitchenaid and it's no better than the others. Oh, well.

Respected Contributor

I am on my 3rd toaster in 45 years.  Only reason I have the third is that I left the second for my ex when I moved.

None cost more than $25-$30.  The one I have now is a 5 yr. old Hamilton Beach...works great.

I will leave that pricey one for others!

Super Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Kachina624 Hope one of the toasters has my name on it!!!

Too bad it doensn't include a coffee maker.

Super Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I am on my 3rd toaster in 45 years.  Only reason I have the third is that I left the second for my ex when I moved.

None cost more than $25-$30.  The one I have now is a 5 yr. old Hamilton Beach...works great.

I will leave that pricey one for others!

Same here, Hamilton Beach. My glass water kettle is HB too.My coffee grinder, and it's pretty quiet. Also my glass bowl mini chopper. Just push down on the lid, you don't have to lock in place.

Honored Contributor

After going through toasters at a rapid rate I picked up a used Cuisanart 4 slice at an auction a few years ago.  This thing has been great, knock on wood.  Ironically Cuisinart gets rather low ratings on appliances from my bible, Consumer Reports.  

Super Contributor

No it's not a SMEG product. It's a Revolution product.

Super Contributor

But given how quickly it makes toast, you might not need a 4-toast unit.

Super Contributor

I love the idea of a toaster that toasts quickly. I make toast in my Breville and though I get great results, a single piece of toast takes 5+ minutes. If this new toaster is as good as it's purported to be other companies will soon have a competing model and the price is likely to come down.

Honored Contributor

some customers spend 300-400-500 on mixers and blenders. a high end toaster, if it works well and for a long time, isnt necessarily out of line when comparing to those items. in my house a toaster and toaster oven (i have both) get used a lot more than my expensive mixer and blender!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I paid 15.00 for my toaster.  Have had it now for 18 years, still going strong and toasts beautifully.  Just me here now so it suits me to a T....