New Contributor

Re: New Temp-tations replacement policies in effect this year

On 1/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:

sunshine, the info you were given makes perfect sense, especially the distinction between the return policy and the warranty. It sounds as if their stated policy is very reasonable on both counts.

The only problem is that so many of the comments about cracking and crazing make it clear that it occurred long after that 30-day window. So I guess the customer would have to decide whether she or he wants to incur the cost of their shipping a replacement piece.

Would you not expect to be able to use this bakeware for years with the lovely pattern remaining intact if you were following the user guidelines TT sends with each new piece? Or do you consider it disposable after 30 days when if it develops this ugly marring? You have to ask yourself if you are buying this bakeware because of the lovely pattern (which is one of the main sales pitches) would you still buy it if you knew it could develop grey lines over and through the lovely pattern while being used WITHIN the user guidelines TT provides. Leaves any thinking person with the perception that they do not stand behind their product if you have to pay more money to replace something that should have been able to retain its integrity if being used as instructed by the TT company.

Honored Contributor

As I stated before (which some may think is odd) I absolutely love the look of my table when dressed with my temptation pieces YET the food is not baked/cooked in them for fear disastrous results...breakage, cracking, leaking, etc. I use my Pyrex & Corningware pieces which are over 30 yrs old (hand me downs, flea market finds, etc) -- I have some Rachael Ray and Fiesta which I also use to cook or bake with. I think Tara & the Temptations company would go bankrupt if they were replacing "damaged" items at the rate we read about the product defects. Sometimes baffles me why other stoneware I've used for years no problems (yet) as these too are mass-produced.
Honored Contributor

I would never order anymore if I were charged $9.95 for receiving a broken or damaged piece of temptations!
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 lovesrecess said: I would never order anymore if I were charged $9.95 for receiving a broken or damaged piece of temptations!

they DONT charge you anything if you receive a broken or damaged piece. you return it to either qvc or temptations, depending on where you bought it and you wont be charged anything within the 30 day period. you can then re-order if you like or not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

There must be something seriously wrong with a product that so many have to return! I also don't care for the huge sets with only one or two pieces I need. Real estate is precious in my kitchen. I don't want to pay for pieces I don't need, and only take up precious space.

Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/8/2015 lovesrecess said: I would never order anymore if I were charged $9.95 for receiving a broken or damaged piece of temptations!

they DONT charge you anything if you receive a broken or damaged piece. you return it to either qvc or temptations, depending on where you bought it and you wont be charged anything within the 30 day period. you can then re-order if you like or not.

some can't/don't want to understand!! It is NOT that hard if you really try...lol.

Esteemed Contributor

mominohio, you recently posted some very clear experiences with the Temptations return process which I thought would be helpful to a friend of mine who has a problem with a couple of pieces and was not sure what to do or how it would be handled. Since you knew firsthand, I referred her to your last post here and she could not find it. Now I see that it has been deleted for some unknown reason.

Some of the comments here and the way others are being handled should be brought to Tara's attention... since it is obviously convincing some people who are on the fence about this product to just throw in the towel and forget it. I did that a while ago, but my friend was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Since certain helpful posts are apparently no longer being allowed here, I think the best advice I can give her is to just throw away the pieces and not buy again. Under the circumstances, I don't think she will want to be bothered with it any more.

But thank you for your continued efforts - you always give both sides, because you obviously have and use a lot of Temptations, but you are also realistic about the problems. Thanks again for that. {#emotions_dlg.huh}