Honored Contributor

New Temp-tations replacement policies in effect this year

Upon reading both Temp-tations official Facebook page, as well as a popular private group, Temp-tationistas Anonymous, it seems there are some new policies in place that those who buy Temp-tations need to be aware of.

The first one seems good. Temp-tations now has a three year warranty for replacement from defects or product failure. There is a flat fee for shipping your replacement piece of $9.95. That sounds good, and in the past, you usually didn't have to send back the bad piece, but no one seems to know whether you will or not now.

The second one is bad. Now, Temp-tations is requiring you to pay $9.95 shipping to replace a piece that comes from their site broken or damaged upon arrival. In the past, if you got a piece from either Q or TT, they would replace it for free, no shipping, if it arrived damaged or failed within the first 30 days. Now it appears that you will be charged for receiving damaged or defective merchandise from day one.

It is unclear whether a purchase from Q will require this or not. And as always, Q will accept a return of damaged or defective merchandise for 30 days and NOT charge return shipping for that item/set, if returned to QVC.

What many were doing when getting large sets, with perhaps one or two pieces broken or defective was calling TT customer service and getting those replaced for free, no shipping within that first 30 days. This was to save packing and shipping back to Q those very large sets. Now it seems the process will be different if you want free replacement, it will have to go back to Q, even if only one piece in a 24 pc set is bad.

Has many rethinking just where to buy their TT, and whether to buy anymore at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Temp-tations replacement policies in effect this year

Thanks for this update mominohio, but why am I not at all surprised by these new TT enactments?

My personal consumer decision is no more cheap products which I and others have had dangerous breakage experiences with, which also happen to include my personal consumer experiences with my TT products.

I inherited my Mom's good old fashioned Corningware and pyrexware which have lasted over 40 years, and still look brand new and perform flawlessly.

They are truly well made and have lasted the long test of continued usage, and that long test of time also speak volumes as to the reliability and safe product usage my Mother and I now continue to experience.

Granted some Corningware is not made in the USA any longer, and I cannot vouch for those made out of the USA items, but many items are still available on Ebay and other sites which state where they were made and that information is also imprinted on the bottom of the items.

I already made my decision mominohio, based on the dangerous experiences I experienced in using various Temptations items, so no more TT for me.

I rather save my money and buy more Corningware, Pyrexware all still made in the USA, and Fiestaware which I also have and use with no problems whatsoever.

Honored Contributor

Hi adoreqvc,

I've been a pretty loyal customer for the last 10 years, but this may just be the end for me.

I know I will not make another purchase from the TT site directly, because it has always been kind of sketchy as to whether or not you could get replacement or returns without paying, and that is just ridiculous when the item arrives damaged/defective.

It is good to know that you still have a 30 day no questions asked return with Q, but what is the use if it might fail on day 31 or thereafter, and you are on the hook for a $10 shipping per piece to replace.

I still have all my original Pyrex and Corningware from back in the day, and have been a big collector of various patterns and pieces. I wasn't one of those to get on air with Tara and gush about how I gave away all my 'boring white ware' while I filled my kitchen with Temp-tations. I knew from the get go that this line wouldn't last forever, but was willing to enjoy it in the mean time.

I will be very selective what I purchase even from Q now, as if you unpack a big set, and have just one damaged, you now have to pack up the whole thing, lug it to the post office, and return it (no return postage to Q if product is damaged or defective) or pay Temp-tations $10 to send a replacement. No thanks. Even though no cost to return to Q, lots of work to pack and lug to the post office. Just not worth it.

I hope people see this posting and check out the comments on the various Facebook pages before they get stuck by assuming that the policies are the same as they have always been.

Respected Contributor

Thank you very much for this information. It is good to know.

Honored Contributor

i have not bought directly from their site before......i always buy it from qvc, mainly because of their return policy, especially this time of the year.

where are you seeing this though mominohio?

Now, Temp-tations is requiring you to pay $9.95 shipping to replace a piece that comes from their site broken or damaged upon arrival. In the past, if you got a piece from either Q or TT, they would replace it for free, no shipping, if it arrived damaged or failed within the first 30 days. Now it appears that you will be charged for receiving damaged or defective merchandise from day one

i was looking at the return policy from their website and it states this:

If you’re not completely satisfied with temp-tations®, simply follow the return instructions below and return your set within 30 days of receipt for a refund of the purchase price (less shipping and handling). Unfortunately, we cannot offer free return shipping, unless the product you received is broken, damaged or defective.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

this was posted today, about one hour ago in response to someones complaint:

Temp-tations by Tara McConnell

Hi ***** and everyone concerned. If you order from TT.com and the product is broken or deemed defective within 30 days we will replace this item free of charge.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 1/6/2015 sunshine45 said:

this was posted today, about one hour ago in response to someones complaint:

Temp-tations by Tara McConnell

Hi ***** and everyone concerned. If you order from TT.com and the product is broken or deemed defective within 30 days we will replace this item free of charge.

People are posting on FB that they are being told by TT customer service (not Q's) that even if it arrives broken, there is a $9.95 fee to ship out a replacement.

Also, people have posted at least two differently worded return policies, some from FAQ, some from the enclosures in the boxes, and some from the website.

There is much confusion at this point, but a number of people who claim to have spoken to Customer Service reps say that the items have to be sent back, inspected to see if damaged, and then original shipping will not be refunded if they exchange it. It is really quite a mess at this point, and I just wanted to warn folks that it appears many people are reporting the same kinds of things happening when they call CS the last couple of days.

At this point, I don't think they really know what they are doing, or haven't fully trained people on the changes, and things seem to be a bit of a mess. Returns to the TT site have always been difficult compared to Q, so I will be sitting it out for awhile to see how it all really pans out.

The Temp-tationistas Anonymous FB page really has more info and participation than the official TT site, but it is a closed group and you have to join to read the posts.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I would take the word of a bunch of strangers on FB as fact.

Respected Contributor

There is something wrong with a product if a lot of the buzz is about how to return defectives. I just got sick of poor quality and no longer buy.

Honored Contributor

On 1/6/2015 happy housewife said:

I don't think I would take the word of a bunch of strangers on FB as fact.

i know, that is why i did a little digging on the page and found taras notation regarding this "concern."......also posted the return policy that is on their website. there are a couple of holiday items on sale there for 20% off so i was thinking of making them my first purchase off of qvc.

i do think extending the warranty to 3 years is a wonderful bonus.

if anyone is concerned about buying temptations from qvc i would suggest buying it in late september. it gives you at least 4 months to use it and then return it in late january if it doesnt meet your expectations.

for other items that come in sets (decor and beauty) i have had items break. if i want to keep the set then i usually call customer service. they are always willing to give me a credit on the broken item. no need to send it back and i get some money back for an unusable piece. just throwing this out there as an option in case anyone has a problem and they dont want to ship back the entire set.