Frequent Contributor

New Instant Pot Model (Duo Evo Plus)

[ Edited ]

I just knew a new model would be available once I caved and ordered one. I’ve finally decided to dive into the Instant Pot world and ordered the IP TSV. The price was great and was one of the newer models, but I wish I had seen the newest model available at Williams Sonoma before ordering. Although it is $40 more, I think it has significant upgrades when compared to the current models. I’m sure some would agree that the inner pot with handles alone is worth paying more. My IP is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and I plan to keep it. I don’t want to pay for return shipping as I’m sure it would be costly. By the way, IP has a YouTube video advertising the new Duo Evo Plus.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Instant Pot Model (Duo Evo Plus)

I don't know. what they could add to make it worth $40 more.  Certainly handles on the inner pot wouldn't matter to me.   I've never had a problem removing it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have three IPs;  the 3 QT, 6 QT and 8 QT.

I love them all.

I have no clue what they think they needed to improve .... ?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Inner pot with handles" ...

EDIT:
Oh!  I just watched the YT video.  Those handles are nice!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I guess I agree with y’all. I guess I’m just thinking how much trouble I have getting a good hold on my rice cooker’s inner pot when I want to get it out of the pot when it is full of hot rice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlackMagic wrote:

Yeah, I guess I agree with y’all. I guess I’m just thinking how much trouble I have getting a good hold on my rice cooker’s inner pot when I want to get it out of the pot when it is full of hot rice.

I hate to tell you this, but those handles ARE worth it.  I have three IPs, and after watching the YT vid, I must admit, those handles would be a great help!

Frequent Contributor

LOL, I knew someone would agree with me! I also like that the handles lock the pot into place for stirring and sautéing. 

Respected Contributor

@BlackMagic wrote:

LOL, I knew someone would agree with me! I also like that the handles lock the pot into place for stirring and sautéing. 

Well, if you've NOT received the IP you ordered, just send it back!

Seriously!  Don't even open the box.

I've been using an IP for years, and I'm telling you, for heavy dishes in my 8QT, I could've used those handles.

In fact, I stopped using my 8QT because when full, it was just too daRn heavy to lift.

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@BlackMagic wrote:

I hate to tell you this, but those handles ARE worth it.  I have three IPs, and after watching the YT vid, I must admit, those handles would be a great help!

Totally agree.  Those handles are definitely a big improvement.   Now I want one. worth the $40 in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

If it is the model I have been looking at you can do real canning with it, has a higher pressure option that regular IPs so can can or cook quicker; it has an automatic steam release that you can set for quick, normal or slow release; and maybe another option I can't remember.

That's the one i want.

QVC almost always sells older models or ones that are about to be discontinued.