Trusted Contributor

My boss just gave me her Vitamix - said she wasn't using it so hurrah for me. An older model 5000 with the 64 oz container. However, the lid is difficult for me to remove with my arthritic hands. Can you replace the container? New lid? I searched the website but they don't seem to have any model 5000. Anyone have any info?

Valued Contributor
I have a vitamix and love it. I would call vitamix directly and see if they have a solution
Trusted Contributor

You could try removing the plastic cap out of the center, stick you fingers in and try to remove the lid from the center. I also have a little trouble manipulating those 'lips' on the side. Enjoy your nice gift!

Frequent Contributor

It's made to fit that tight. I have experienced a few Vitamix's in the past and they all fit that way.

Super Contributor

Kucky you! What a wonderful gift! I agree that I would try calling Vitamix customer service, but don't know if there is an alternative lid as all the ones I have seen have the "tabs" that secure the lid so you don't have a mess on your hands. Hope you find a solution and can get down to enjoying your Vitamix!

Esteemed Contributor

What I do successfully is using a knife to help get the lid off. It works for me. I think I have the model you have.