Esteemed Contributor

Re: My KitchenAid Handheld Mixer died. :( Looking for..

@amyb wrote:

recommendations for a handheld??

I've never gotten the stand mixer...condo kitchen and not a frequent baker to have it take up real estate on my limited counter space. But I loved having my handheld.  I bought it about 11 or 12 yrs ago, hardly ever used it, and never expected it to die at all, let alone this soon. I realize nothing lasts forever...still...I've had blenders and other electronics for over 20 years that didn't die.

I don't know the warranty time...I'll have to check...though I never sent in registration for that.

Don't know if I trust buying another KA, (though I love the brand)....what would all you bakers recommend?

TIA.

Hope you have luck with KA compnay customer service.

Your post reminded me that I still use my 1976 Hamilton Beach hand mixer and  electric can opener- they work fine.

Esteemed Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

I have a Hamilton Beach hand mixer that I love. It's about 10 years old and cost around $25. 

It has plenty of power, 6 speeds, two different sets of beaters, a whisk, and a storage box. It has a 275 watt motor.

They don't make my exact model now. A newer model comes with beaters, a whisk, and dough hooks, and a storage box. The latest model has 300 watts. 

Kitchen Aid and Cuisinart make hand mixers. I don't have any experience with them. They're more expensive, and I don't know if they are a lot better. Others could weigh in on that.

There's another brand I've seen reviewed positively by bakers/bloggers and it's VonShef. 

One thing I'd want to have for sure is a whisk attachment. It lets you whip cream or egg whites super fast!

I still use my 1976 Hamilton Beach hand mixer and electric can opener - they work fine,  Guess, you can say the brand sure is durable after 44 yrs of use.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I have a cheap Hamilton Beach that I've had over 20 years.  Nowadays, I rarely use it.  HSN had an inhouse (I think) brand that they really pushed many years ago.  I always said I would order one if mine ever died but that hasn't happened and I don't even know if they offer that brand any longer since I hardly watch.  

I still use my Hamilton Beach mixer and electric can opener that I bought in 1976- that's 44 yrs , so I'd say Hamilton Beach has been worth the purchase.

Valued Contributor

I have had a Cuisinart hand mixer for approximately 20 years. Still works perfect.